By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Switch Midnight Shoppers: The Midnight and Day 1 Switchers Group - Impressions?

mountaindewslave said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Bought the neon console and a special edition of BOTW. Debating keeping them or flipping for a small profit. I gotta say, that box for the special edition of BOTW almost makes me wanna keep it all by itself.

The Walmart I frequent most is very small, but they were still packed. Had around 9 consoles to give out plus some preorders, the consoles were all gone by 10pm. Was a much larger launch than I saw at this store for PS4 and Xbone combined.

I was #4 in line, every single person in the first four picked up the special edition of BOTW, much to the chagrin of the rest of the line as they only had four special editions. Only three copies of 1,2 Switch, which was bizarre.

no offense, but you're not going to profit THAT much off either one of those. If you had a Master Edition Zelda set then maybe... but even you ended up selling the neon Switch for $400 instead of $300, and the SE Zelda for like $150, that's a total $150 difference and then after fees you make like, what, $100? just seems kind of useless if you have any interest in the playing the systems. a marginal profit compared to the base cost of things

I agree though, the Special Edition Zelda box is gorgeous, it looks a lot better than the Master Edition imo surprisingly. Master Edition is more glossy looking, and the SE box has a nice matte (?) finish with the golden Zelda logo really popping and of course the same art from the regular game

I'll say I've been setting up the Switch in handheld mode and you might regret not giving it a shot if you do immediately get rid of it, it feels superb : o

Well I did say a small profit. I've decided to flip them, I have a buyer for the Switch for $450 today, and I'll probably list the Zelda for $125 or so. I used a siblings discount on the purchase, so I paid $388. Selling it for $575 = small profit. I only sell on Craigslist or GAF, don't mess with anywhere that I can get fees or ripped off.

Around the Network

I regret choosing the neon bundle ... I just don't feel it looks good at all. Ruins the sleeker aesthetic of the system. Grey might be boring but it looks better with this design IMO. I'm going to see if my brother gets grey and if I can trade with him.

Soundwave said:
I regret choosing the neon bundle ... I just don't feel it looks good at all. Ruins the sleeker aesthetic of the system. Grey might be boring but it looks better with this design IMO. I'm going to see if my brother gets grey and if I can trade with him.

Ha, I'm in the other boat. I have yet to open my box yet, but from looking online at vids and pics I wish I had the neon one. I got the gray one. Or I assume I did, still inside UPS box. I've heard the grey one just looks too grey.

But we'll see.

I mean the box size already surprised me. I was expecting small, but not this small. I'm half afraid I'm gonna open my UPS box and find a 3DS box inside.

Soundwave said:

I got the grey one, and it's just boring grey. But I guess it does look better when the console is in the dock charging. Still looks kinda odd with the ears sticking out and asymetrical analog sticks. The WiiU gamepad looks better sitting in its dock. Not sure why they had to cover 90% of the screen with the dock, it still sticks out the top a bit. It's the games that count anyway, you can always get a pro controller and hide the whole thing in a cabinet :)

I got a Switch this morning at 10 am CST at Target where I work when I clocked out. There were 7 Switch systems left out of the 25 my Target received. Target opened at 8 am and passed out tickets to 9 people waiting outside for Switch. I did not think I would get one, 15 were sold by 8:30 AM. I got my Switch for around $276 after team member and Red card Discounts!

My local Wal-Mart got in 20 extra Switch systems and sold them at midnight, some waited since 6 or 7 pm for One!

I'm anxious to see Switch launch day sales numbers!

I got NES 31 years ago Summer 1986 at Little Rock, AR Target when I was 16. Maybe Switch can bring Nintendo back.

Nintendo would be #1 today if it had put N64 games on discs rather than carts which we're now back to!

Around the Network

So, a day after the release, are all you switch buyers happy with the console?

I gotta say I am more so surprised by the system. Its much smaller than I thought it would be, from the joy cons to the screen to the dock itself. It barely takes up any space among my consoles.It's pretty sweet. Even the joycon controller is small, but still overall comfortable, minus the L and R button being kind of hard to reach. I'm cool with this for now.

As for the home screen, it's pretty simple, which makes it a little lonely compared to having miiverse on the Wii U. Still pretty slick nonetheless.

And Zelda, woo, just shocking for me overall. I was on blackout for it, so when I saw the open space for the 1st time, it blew my mind, as did everything else that followed: picking up sticks to use as weapons, grabbing anything off the ground, climbing trees, sitting next to campfires, the weather change, shrine dungeons, it's all be quite a shock for me. So far pretty awesome. The only issue I have is the button layout, it doesn't feel natural for me. I fumble alot just because I'm not familiar with the control scheme. whether I'm trying to jump stab someone or riding a horse. I hope I get used to it soon...

Either way, it's been really awesome and I love the console.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread