By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Switch Midnight Shoppers: The Midnight and Day 1 Switchers Group - Impressions?

Heya all, Cloudman here, just wondering: Anyone else getting the Switch at midnight launch?

I learned recently the store I'm buying mine at is hosting one, and a Best Buy I stopped by yesterday will be as well. I originally planned to set out early and wait for the store to open, but I'm okay with this option as well. It allows me to get the console earlier and get some proper sleep (I'll reluctantly sleep rather than play late into the night.)

So, will anyone else be venturing out tonight for their Switch? Will you be waiting tomorrow instead? Or perhaps you're just waiting for a later date?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Me!

Taking my walmart pre-order slips in at midnight to get my Switch(es), Zelda game(s) and other stuff. :)

I can't. My console is still beimg transported, I got an e-mail that says I can pick it up at 9 AM tomorrow. But hey, 9 AM in germany is midnight on the west coast in the US. =D

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

This may help some of you.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226408

I thought you preordered the Switch online :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I'm eating out tonight. I might drive buy the GameStop afterwards to see is there are any nerds and loosers to make fun of.

Platina said:
I thought you preordered the Switch online :p

Nope. I was debatig on pre-ordering so I missed the online. But then Walmart opened pre-orders in store a couple days later so I pre-ordered 2; 1 for me and 1 for my son.

Already paid for it on Tuesday, picking it up tonight. It shouldn't take too long, small shop plus they asked everyone to pre-pay so they can hand out the bundled packages. I'll probably be there a bit after midnight, busy with HZD. No point standing out in the cold.

Nah. I would have liked to, but I wanted to make sure I got one, so I preordered right away. They didn't have in store pickup, so I had to get it shipped. I considered going to a midnight launch anyway, and just returning the one I preordered (mainly because I don't trust Gamestop or UPS to deliver it) but that'd be too much hassle.

Well, my console is paid in full. Now I just need to wait til midnight to get it... : V

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread