By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nier Automata Review Thread. Metacritic: 89!!

Tagged games:

Oh boy. It's dropped 4 since the last time I looked.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Still got to wait a week till PCG gives their score, though I'm not expecting a good one.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Bandorr said:
Boutros said:

7/10 from Gamekult

They were removed from Metacritic a while ago but nice try Gamekult. 90 remains!!

Why were they removed from Metacritic?

Because they like to be different from others and think of themselves as "elite" testers (= "we're not friends with developers, we don't get tricked by hype, we're pure video games journalists, independant and demanding"), so usually if a game is hyped and liked by a lot of reviewers, they will try to kill it with an average score in order to show this "difference". Clickbait scores, but with the "we're too good for this game" excuse. Some of their "journalists" are simple fanboys who will give high score to their favorite franchise anyway though, but nothing else. Users usually bet on a game score as soon as they know who is reviewing it.

It's a great thing they're not on MC. But hey, according to them and their users, MC is evil and garbage, and nobody should use it because it just shows reviews made by garbage websites (="not real journalists, just fanboys or guys getting paid by the developers"). A couple of years ago, some of their journalists were on a picture of an organized tour of Sony Japan for Bloodborne, with journalists from another website (Gameblog) and a Sony employee in a restaurant. The meltdown was amazing to see, Gamekult almost insulted the Gameblog guy who took the picture, saying that they were different, that this picture shouldn't exist, that they were there for some good reasons, not because they were invite to the restaurant by the Sony employee.... Gameblog were the bad guys, Gamekult the great guys caught in a trap. It was great.

(And yes, I'm a really regular Gamekult user, but this mentality sickens me and some others)

Their excuses for the Nier Automata score are : the gameplay is repetitive, the first ending doesn't resolve things so you need several runs, the open world is limited, the technical side of the game is bad, and it's grey.

It's beating Horizon

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

So far this is the only PS4 game released this year with a score of 90. I guess Persona 5 will join it in April ;)

El talento siempre gana 

Around the Network
patronmacabre said:
http://gematsu.com/2017/03/nier-automata-pc-officially-launches-march-17

It has been officially announced for Steam on the 17th, my fellow PC-ers.

That doesn't qualify as evidence of it coming to PC!!!

Picked this up last night and loving it so much!!! Platinum Games just knows how to do hack and slash.

If you average NA's MC review score and user score, it beats both BotW and HZD so congrats NA!

Looking forward to it on PC.

90 still for the ps4 version. Playstation gamers are spoiled this year. Nioh, Nier and Horizon. The holy trinity. A must buy for all gamers! Get that PS4 people!

NobleTeam360 said:

That doesn't qualify as evidence of it coming to PC!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/524220/

I see no emote

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"