By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Introducing Xbox Game Pass: Unlimited Access to More Than 100 Games

Ryuu96 said:
Captain_Yuri said:
"Xbox Game Pass will only be available on Xbox One and Windows 10 devices"
I'd like to get more detail on windows 10 devices plox

It was a mistake

Xbox One only for now, FAQ has been updated: 

Will Xbox Game Pass be available on Xbox 360?

Xbox Game Pass will only be available on Xbox One. While some Xbox 360 backwards compatible games will be included in Xbox Game Pass, those titles will not be available on the Xbox 360 console via your subscription.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/xbox-game-pass

Darn, maybe one day loll

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Didn't expect this kinda came out of nowhere, it's really cool though. Probably not gonna get it, after they show all the games maybe I'll get it for a month for a few games lol

I wonder. I'd I have a game downloaded and its month ends, do I lose access to the download or can I play it until I delete it? I'd hate to start a game, get hooked on it, and have to quit.

That's... actually a pretty sweet deal. Over 100 XB titles to play for 10 bucks a month. Sounds like a good rental service to me.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

ironmanDX said:
pray4mojo said:

How often do you hear about people with 30 movies in their "list" that never get watched? They just sit there. That never happened back in the video store days when you had to actually drive to the store, go in, find a movie selection and take it home. Sure, you might not watch it due to something coming up or maybe you forgot... but not like Netflix. 

We all have too much shit these days imo. It devalues entertainment and dulls it mightily for alot of people, even if they don't know it.

What? It has a term. Binge watching. I hear about it all the time. I don't understand what you're trying to say. Services like Netflix exist so the "lists" do get watched. It's a lot similar to Netflix as apposed to.... Ahem... Christmas.

This service clearly has a similar appeal. It may devalue entertainment for you. A majority of the people posting thus far seem to look at it as a positive.

Theres nothing negative to say about the service it doesn't effect anyone that doesn't want to use it and opens doors for a new audience, its deffenitely not a bad value for what they are seemingly offering.

Originally netflix and simulair services got the same kind of responses, especially with a lot of people illigally downloading stuff. But if a service is priced right and offers content legally at a good quality (which this seemingly will do since you play it from the hardware and not streamed) then this can deffenitely attract people that find playing games to expensive right now.

With ever growing cost of gaming finding ways to pay developers and attracting new gamers is essential, this service will benefit everyone and it will proberbly also make sony lower the price of their streaming service, again, good for everyone.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
malistix1985 said:
think-man said:
Is it like ps now?

Not really you get to download the games, even play offline and its not only cheaper but offers current gen games, also it looks like it will be a shifting library so games will be added and removed, like netflix.

I kinda doubt that. How would the game know if your subscription is still active?

d21lewis said:
I wonder. I'd I have a game downloaded and its month ends, do I lose access to the download or can I play it until I delete it? I'd hate to start a game, get hooked on it, and have to quit.

you can buy it at a discount if you get hooked on a game.
Otherwise not all games are going to be swapped after only one month. Just a few of them each time and who knows they might also return after a while.

Barozi said:
malistix1985 said:

Not really you get to download the games, even play offline and its not only cheaper but offers current gen games, also it looks like it will be a shifting library so games will be added and removed, like netflix.

I kinda doubt that. How would the game know if your subscription is still active?

I got that from the FAQ

Are games for Xbox Game Pass streamed directly or will they be downloaded to my Xbox One?

Based on fan feedback, streaming/connectivity issues were identified as a major pain point for competing game subscription services. That’s why games on Xbox Game Pass will be downloaded to your Xbox One, providing fans with a native, full-fidelity gaming experience and the ability to play downloaded games offline for up to 30 days.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

I don't play on Xbox too much since other platforms cater to my interests better but this is a pretty good deal that I might subscribe to depending on the games available.

Barozi said:
malistix1985 said:

With a simple timer. Works perfectly fine with PS+ games, you can play those offline too.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.