By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Introducing Xbox Game Pass: Unlimited Access to More Than 100 Games

Eric2048 said:
that a pretty sweet deal for those who like xbox games. unfortunately none of the games on the platform interest me. would be awesome if sony and nintendo did this though.

Not even third party games?

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Eric2048 said:
that a pretty sweet deal for those who like xbox games. unfortunately none of the games on the platform interest me. would be awesome if sony and nintendo did this though.

nope, any third party games they have i've either probably played, or don't have interest playing.

Eric2048 said:
d21lewis said:

nope, any third party games they have i've either probably played, or don't have interest playing.

I understand. 

StuOhQ said:
Gross. Soon they'll be churning original streaming content only (plus shovelware) ala Netflix. Streaming has its upsides - as long as you have a large collection of physical media for when the internet goes out. Gaming and streaming, however, are a terrible fit. Just let me buy the old games for a few bucks a piece and call them mine forever.

It isn't a streaming service. You download the games, which are playable for 30 days offline.

COKTOE said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

It doesnt help that those games have to be streamed on PSN.

Yep. Exactly. That's why I think this is better.

Sony's available games are better as they span from PS3 to PS2, but yes, the fact that you dont have to stream is a tremendouus asset. 

Around the Network

This sounds awesome. I will definitly be grabbing this for a couple of months when I get my Scorpio later this year.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony's available games are better as they span from PS3 to PS2, but yes, the fact that you dont have to stream is a tremendouus asset. 

The idea of the streaming thing is you don't even have to own a Hard Drive to play it, until recently you could use the service through a TV and only a TV.

That's not saying this product MS are offering won't be good but all services have their benefits. If streaming was such an issue for people, Netflix would never have been successful. 

Hmm, pie.

VitaminZ said:
Love it!

I'm no longer a Plus subscriber because the games have been underwhelming to me. Hopefully it will make Sony respond with better games or a similar service.

The games have been pretty bad since they made it mandatory, LittleBigPlanet 3 was a nice add though. 

d21lewis said:
pbroy said:
I'm in the Preview Alpha build and this is free. Out of all the games in the preview, I have all of them except 4. 😏 This service really doesn't have any value for me. I buy games when they are cheap or on sale. I might cancel EA Access too. Would rather own at cheap than rent.

This would probably be good for people that live in their mother's basements.

How am I not in this?!?

Did you get an email invite or something? I'm an Xbox Insider and I'm pretty active. What gives?

You have to be active, give feedback so you get higher levels, basically if you are somebody living in your mother's basement you get in ;)

It sounds awesome. I don't play that much these days and don't like to spend lots of money on single-player or online games (with some exceptions of course) but this sounds like a cheap and viable alternative.