By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - New Avengers Anime Show Coming From Marvel

New Avengers Anime Show Coming From Marvel

Marvel Future Avengers hits Japanese TV this summer.

Marvel is turning the Avengers into an anime series. The company has announced that the new show will be titled Marvel Future Avengers, and is set to to premiere in Japan this summer.

As reported by Anime News Network, Marvel Future Avengers will target a younger male demographic. The site states that the show will focus on Makoto, a boy who gains powers via a gene manipulation experiment. Makoto and other superpowered kids are apprenticed as "Future Avengers" by the likes of Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, and the Wasp.

The show will debut on Disney's Japanese satellite channel Dlife, and will be accompanied by a manga series. It is currently unknown if the show will be screened in the US.

Marvel Future Avengers is not the first time that Marvel has produced anime versions of its superhero properties. In 2010, four shows were screened on Japanese TV--Iron Man, Wolverine, X-Men, and Blade. All were overseen by acclaimed British comic book writer Warren Ellis.

These were followed by the anime movies Iron Man: Rise of the Technovore and Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher in 2013 and 2014.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-avengers-anime-show-coming-from-marvel/1100-6448247/

Around the Network

"Makoto and other superpowered kids are apprenticed as "Future Avengers" by the likes of Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, and the Wasp."

Oh no. Not Kids. Pass.

Doesn't seem to be geared at all towards my demographic. Seems to be aimed at them youths.

Every single time, these animes and their all powerful 12 year olds. I can't even.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Acevil said:
Doesn't seem to be geared at all towards my demographic. Seems to be aimed at them youths.

Actually, it does.  It's aimed towards the demographic with money.  This is Disney at work, folks.

Around the Network

Didn't they already do the Avengers Anime thing with Marvel Avengers : Disk Wars?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Disk_Wars:_The_Avengers

which by the way, you can see episodes of on youtube right now as we speak.

No Giant Man/Yellowjacket/Goliath (I)/Hank Pym, then it's bound to fail.

*chuckles in geek*

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
No Giant Man/Yellowjacket/Goliath (I)/Hank Pym, then it's bound to fail.

*chuckles in geek*

You know, that's part of the reason I didn't like Marvel Avengers disc wars. They had Wasp, but no Giant Man/ Ant-man. The two are HEAVILY linked so having her in the shows without him is weak in my eyes. There are plenty of other Avenger women they can use if they need the "token female" thing.

dexterlablab1 said:
Didn't they already do the Avengers Anime thing with Marvel Avengers : Disk Wars?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Disk_Wars:_The_Avengers

which by the way, you can see episodes of on youtube right now as we speak.

Ya that is the one I remembered. Honestly these are just Sunday morning cartoon like stuff. The best is Ultamite Spider-Man that aired on Disney XD.

The Wasp?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.