By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would it be possible for Nintendo to bring back asymmetric and 2-screen gameplay?

Do you see Nintendo doing this?

Yes, both are excellent c... 4 22.22%

No, it would be too expen... 7 38.89%

Unlikely, asymmetric mult... 5 27.78%

Unlikely, 2-screen gamepl... 2 11.11%

Total:18

Mario chase deserved a full stand alone game. Asymmetric gameplay was a good and underused feature of the wii u and Nintendo land did it best.

Around the Network

It didn't work out for them with the Wii U so I don't see Nintendo trying this again..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I was thinking the same thing actually. The great thing about switches being able to link up together is that the consoles don't even need to be docked to do so. For example, there could be a game like the mario chase one from Nintendo land, where one player is running away while the other players get a limited view while trying the person 'it'. Another one being like a player manages a base, setting up enemies and traps, while other players try to break into it. The possibility for this sort of gaming is still there.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

TomaTito said:
irstupid said:
I'm afraid for the next Zelda.

I saw an interview with the guy saying he hopes to make the next Zelda multiplayer (you know like four swords)

I never like those types of Zelda games. Never buy them. I don't want to have to find friends to play my solo link aventure. I hate having to control npc's that sub for players not with me.

So for your topic, I could see some more of those games coming out. I just hope it's not for Zelda.

Gamexplain had a nice idea for it two be just a co-op Zelda game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijhvvT9kTG0&t=186

Can't watch at work, but guessing its just a "Breath of the Wild, but with a companion"

To that I say, not enough power. Do you know how much more processing power it would require to have two people running around on Hyrule at the same time?

Flilix said:
TomaTito said:

Which games require the TV/Gamepad on the WiiU? StarFox Zero? Any others?

This. Almost all Wii U games I've played can be played without the TV. Only a few games, like Splatoon, required both Gamepad and TV, but for most of these games the Gamepad wasn't very important (in Splatoon for example, it only showed the map).

Splatoon 2 is done in one screen.

I can only additionally think of Affordable Space Adventures which would also need a TV setup, and those Pictionary games like the one in Game&Wario. Maybe I'm missing some out.

irstupid said:
TomaTito said:

Gamexplain had a nice idea for it two be just a co-op Zelda game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijhvvT9kTG0&t=186

Can't watch at work, but guessing its just a "Breath of the Wild, but with a companion"

To that I say, not enough power. Do you know how much more processing power it would require to have two people running around on Hyrule at the same time?

I even link the timestamped it for you. Not 3D, it'd be a 2D co-op which could work perfectly on the Switch... just like the other multi Zeldas. Carry your Switch, find a mate and pass the joy and enjoy :S xD

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Considering they couldn't even find many great gameplay ideas for the functionality, then I'd assume it's a dead experiment.