By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This breath of the wild soundtrack sounds like a mess.

mess 24 27.27%

not a mess 64 72.73%

Total:88
John2290 said:
Wow, the windwaker theme actually goes fantastically with BOTW combat and exploration, goes great over Horizon ZD too.

this one is special, sadly just for mini bosses

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:
I dunno, I actually like it to be honest. Its not very melodic, but it sets a good tone for a frantic battle I think.

I don't I hate it but usually zelda themes are in my playlist, this one not likely, at least this version.

I've honestly never liked the battle music 3D Zelda's have. Always an upbeat, unimmersive song. Boss themes are fine, but I'd prefer if they kept the background music always playing.

As for that BotW song, it's kinda weird. I wouldn't say it sucks, but it's not a good stand alone song. We'll see how it does during gameplay/ a fight. Also, it kinda sounds like a mid-boss theme?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

It's a bit jazzy and a little 70s sitcom I like it.

Hmm... I don't know I feel like it fits really well for the openness of the game. I think it really captures the feeling and more importantly pace of running around in the open and randomly encounter bokoblins and moblins and such. It really helps in transitioning from roaming to battle back to roaming. Putting something like OOT instead would feel a bit too rough.

Also I feel like it is in pretty good parallel to Skyward Sword battle theme. In fact it feels like an decompressed version of that music to me. Is it messy? Its a bit wild, but I think its a breath of fresh air.

Around the Network
Slarvax said:

Also, it kinda sounds like a mid-boss theme?

not, just the normal theme to fight lizalfos and bokoblins.

I love it. So much going on. A very modern composition, made to be appreciated in the long run.

In my opinion quite a bit more impressive than the OOT battle theme. Rich and with personality.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Welp, I just found my new favorite normal battle theme of the series, just 5 more days, so hyped.

I like it. Would definitely fit with battles that are dynamic and at times, chaotic. Wild like Breath of the Wild.

I'm okay with it. Nintendo fans were complaining before, but THIS is the nitpicky stage.