By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another Switch Battery Life Test with Zelda and had 3h:02m:52s

An extra 14 minutes, this surely changes everything!

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

Yet some acted like they were shocked when the other test shown 12 minutes less than what Nintendo said but I guess here it works the other way right?

I not understand why people complain, 2:45-3:15 it is all the same good news. This is not angry birds but rather a cpu intensive game.

Goodnightmoon said:
Mummelmann said:

Yet people acted like they were totally shocked when the other test showed 12 minutes less than what Nintendo said but I guess here it works the other way right?

Yes, precisely; anything remotely positive about Nintendo is bad and anything remotely bad about Nintendo is good.

#NintendoConspiracy

PS: No, for me, 10-20 minutes one way or the other is of absolutely no consequence at all in an age where smartphones differ 24-48 hours on battery life between the best and worst.

Mummelmann said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Yet people acted like they were totally shocked when the other test showed 12 minutes less than what Nintendo said but I guess here it works the other way right?

Yes, precisely; anything remotely positive about Nintendo is bad and anything remotely bad about Nintendo is good.

#NintendoConspiracy

PS: No, for me, 10-20 minutes one way or the other is of absolutely no consequence at all in an age where smartphones differ 24-48 hours on battery life between the best and worst.

Oh smartphones, you mean that device that usually lasts even less than 3 hours when gaming on a much less intensive game that Zelda? Great comparison

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Because it's only 3 hours old and the entire of America is asleep? 

Comments like this isn't really needed. You're just encouraging negativity. 

Anyway, a Switch battery life super thread wouldn't be a bad idea. We can collect all the data there -game, volume,brightness, etc.

Suuuuure xD that's why this thread eventually felt out of Hot topics, because everybody was sleeping around the world, but not on the rest of the threads...

How does the hot topics work? What's popular over 1 hour? 4 hours? 12 hours? 24 hours? 

I don't really get your point. As far as I'm aware it isn't that much better from the other result. Are you trying to say that this result of 15 minutes more makes this a good result compared to the other and now people don't want to comment on it because they like to pick on Nintendo and this result is too good for them to find anything negative about. Suuuuure! It surely can't be anything to do with it being another 'switch battery' thread and the majority of users are asleep. Ok got ya! Let's run with playing the victim ;)

SWORDF1SH said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Suuuuure xD that's why this thread eventually felt out of Hot topics, because everybody was sleeping around the world, but not on the rest of the threads...

How does the hot topics work? What's popular over 1 hour? 4 hours? 12 hours? 24 hours? 

It means there were at least another 15 thread with activity while this one was ignored

Goodnightmoon said:
Mummelmann said:

#NintendoConspiracy

Oh smartphones, you mean that device that usually lasts even less than 3 hours when gaming on a much less intensive game that Zelda? Great comparison

That wasn't my point at all; battery life isn't measured in minutes for most people, 10-20 minutes difference is of little consequence, one way or the other. Adding 14 minutes of batterly life isn't some earth-shattering feat; it's basically worthless in the grand scheme of things and battery life is still poor. Because that what it is, 3 hours and 3 minutes is poor battery life, the Switch actually has a couple of cons, regardless of your attempts at a valiant defence on every single possible front with this device. And it's okay, it has plenty of pros as well. Enjoy yours and just keep it charged whenever you can and you'll be fine.

Oh, and by the way, my phone lasts 10-11 hours with intensive tasks such as 1440p video (not that I use it for that...), so I'm not sure what phone you have, but it sounds like it could be time for a new one.

Mummelmann said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That wasn't my point at all; battery life isn't measured in minutes for most people, 10-20 minutes difference is of little consequence, one way or the other. Adding 14 minutes of batterly life isn't some earth-shattering feat; it's basically worthless in the grand scheme of things and battery life is still poor. Because that what it is, 3 hours and 3 minutes is poor battery life, the Switch actually has a couple of cons, regardless of your attempts at a valiant defence on every single possible front with this device. And it's okay, it has plenty of pros as well. Enjoy yours and just keep it charged whenever you can and you'll be fine.

Oh, and by the way, my phone lasts 10-11 hours with intensive tasks such as 1440p video (not that I use it for that...), so I'm not sure what phone you have, but it sounds like it could be time for a new one.

Now try to play on it with anything remotely comparable to an AAA game and see your battery dissapearing in 2 hours if you are lucky. For today standarts 3 hours of portable AAA gaming is good, and for that price is simply fantastic, even laptops and mobiles 2 and 3 times more expensive than Switch rarely go above 3 hour when playing something intensive on them.

Goodnightmoon said:
SWORDF1SH said:

It means there were at least another 15 thread with activity while this one was ignored

Over what time frame? I can see the January Amazon thread at the bottom of hot topics and nobody has commented on that for almost 4 weeks. I will say it again the MAJORITY of the user base are asleep and haven't seen this thread at all. It's kind of a side point anywsy. This result doesn't give a much different result. It's almost a carbon copy of the other thread.  If people can't be bothered to click on this topic it's because of those reasons.This is why I suggested 1 thread for battery life results because it's not the most interesting threads to keep posting but 1 thread with all the results would be more interesting.