By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FAST RMX details; price, HD Rumble, etc

I'm also on the fence. The WiiU version had potential but got frustrating with the random obstacles and was physically painful to play on the WiiU gamepad. Joy cons will be more comfortable yet the track design wasn't all that good either. Perhaps the new tracks are better, better wait for reviews.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
bonzobanana said:
Nice to see a Switch title with a reasonable price. What does the HDR exposure mean? There isn't any HDR output on Switch is there? So is it just a rendering technique that improves dynamic range/contrast?

I'm definitely biting at the bait here... but what games are overpriced? They all seem to be normal prices to me.

OT: this is on my short-list of possible buys. I like the way the game looks and at $20 its so damn cheap.

To be honest its the huge amount of old titles at maximum retail prices that have completely put me off buying a Switch at launch. Here in the uk we are getting £50 or even £60 prices for small old games on cartridge with little discounting and games that are available on android, steam are at uncompetitive prices on Switch. I guess it depends on your perspective of what games should be valued at. Maybe I've been spoilt by android, ios and vita pricing but that's what Nintendo need to be competitive with to a degree because its hardware is at a similar performance level. You only have to look at the Switch list of games and then consider the price of the same games on other formats which are ports. 

This Switch game is a brand new exclusive title built for the console. I'm not a fan of this type of game myself but if you like this type of game seems great value. Then look at something like Rayman Legends which has been practically given away on other formats including xbox live gold etc and is very old and yet is a full price game on Switch. That is by no means the only example. 

Sadly when I look at Switch there are no games I want to play until Mario Odyssey because I will have Zelda on wii u and even if Zelda was Switch exclusive I would not want to pay out for any additional Switch games at current pricing so it would be a 1 game system for me. I'm not going to pay out £40-50 for 1-2 switch or even £50 for Arms. I'm certainly not going to pay out £50 for a cartridge of bindings of issaac afterbirth which is a game I wouldn't even pay 79p on steam for. 

So yes for me Switch game prices are incredibly excessive, the Switch performance level for such games is quite low, the content is often extremely old, many of the titles are minor and of very little interest yet pricing is premium level. Not only that but controlling the games themselves seems to be inferior to other hardware which have decent controllers with a better button layout, analogue triggers etc. Already we are seeing android hardware moving to some 4k games and HDR support. I just feel Nintendo need to factor in they are on low performance hardware and at least when they aren't offering exclusive content be more competitive on pricing. No one is arguing against Zelda being great value at £60 for the content on offer but 1-2 Switch or an old port of street fighter 2?

I guess all will be revealed when we see how many people are buying these titles when Switch launches. I suspect Zelda and other Nintendo content including their wii u ports will sell strongly and third party games will generally be low but we shall see.

bonzobanana said:

To be honest its the huge amount of old titles at maximum retail prices that have completely put me off buying a Switch at launch. Here in the uk we are getting £50 or even £60 prices for small old games on cartridge with little discounting and games that are available on android, steam are at uncompetitive prices on Switch. I guess it depends on your perspective of what games should be valued at. Maybe I've been spoilt by android, ios and vita pricing but that's what Nintendo need to be competitive with to a degree because its hardware is at a similar performance level. You only have to look at the Switch list of games and then consider the price of the same games on other formats which are ports. 

This Switch game is a brand new exclusive title built for the console. I'm not a fan of this type of game myself but if you like this type of game seems great value. Then look at something like Rayman Legends which has been practically given away on other formats including xbox live gold etc and is very old and yet is a full price game on Switch. That is by no means the only example. 

Sadly when I look at Switch there are no games I want to play until Mario Odyssey because I will have Zelda on wii u and even if Zelda was Switch exclusive I would not want to pay out for any additional Switch games at current pricing so it would be a 1 game system for me. I'm not going to pay out £40-50 for 1-2 switch or even £50 for Arms. I'm certainly not going to pay out £50 for a cartridge of bindings of issaac afterbirth which is a game I wouldn't even pay 79p on steam for. 

So yes for me Switch game prices are incredibly excessive, the Switch performance level for such games is quite low, the content is often extremely old, many of the titles are minor and of very little interest yet pricing is premium level. Not only that but controlling the games themselves seems to be inferior to other hardware which have decent controllers with a better button layout, analogue triggers etc. Already we are seeing android hardware moving to some 4k games and HDR support. I just feel Nintendo need to factor in they are on low performance hardware and at least when they aren't offering exclusive content be more competitive on pricing. No one is arguing against Zelda being great value at £60 for the content on offer but 1-2 Switch or an old port of street fighter 2?

I guess all will be revealed when we see how many people are buying these titles when Switch launches. I suspect Zelda and other Nintendo content including their wii u ports will sell strongly and third party games will generally be low but we shall see.

Yeah, I have to agree that a lot of Switch games are very overpriced. Asking full price for years-old games like Rayman/Street Fighter/Skyrim, or worse, shovelware like 1-2 Switch is daylight robbery.

By contrast it's nice to see Shin'en pricing FAST RMX aggressively. 

Launch comes with full prices. It sounds like you guys have never bought a console at launch.
Would it been nice if Nintendo stayed in the 50eur range? Yes, but the 52eur I paid for Breath of the Wild is fine too.

I'll be enjoying Zelda and Snipperclips at launch while getting the odd interesting title until Odyssey such as Puyopuyo (finally here!).

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

Launch comes with full prices. It sounds like you guys have never bought a console at launch.
Would it been nice if Nintendo stayed in the 50eur range? Yes, but the 52ur I paid for Breath of the Wild is fine too.

They're not launch titles, and even if they were, that's no excuse to charge full price for games 4-6 years old.

Around the Network

No physical release, no purchase!

curl-6 said:
TomaTito said:

Would it been nice if Nintendo stayed in the 50eur range? Yes, but the 52ur I paid for Breath of the Wild is fine too.

They're not launch titles, and even if they were, that's no excuse to charge full price for games 4-6 years old.

Publisher gets to decide the price, you as a consumer can wait it out for a sale or just plainly not buy it.
Just buy a product when it reaches your price range.

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

Would it been nice if Nintendo stayed in the 50eur range? Yes, but the 52eur I paid for Breath of the Wild is fine too.

I'll be enjoying Zelda and Snipperclips at launch while getting the odd interesting title until Odyssey such as Puyopuyo (finally here!).

Where did you pay 52 Euros?

I pay 62€ and that's after they dropped the price by 5€ and with Amazon prime benefits. New games for the Switch seem to be priced around 70€ and I admittetly do find that excessive.

It goes right by the 60€ established highest pricepoint and raises it by ten and since Nintendo retains their prices for first party games I'll probably have to hope for Nintendo selects for a lot of them.

SuperNova said:
TomaTito said:

I pay 62€ and that's after they dropped the price by 5€ and with Amazon prime benefits. New games for the Switch seem to be priced around 70€ and I admittetly do find that excessive.

It goes right by the 60€ established highest pricepoint and raises it by ten and since Nintendo retains their prices for first party games I'll probably have to hope for Nintendo selects for a lot of them.

amazon.fr
TLoZ-BotW: https://www.amazon.fr/Legend-Zelda-Breath-Wild/dp/B01MUAFFPA/
Console: 
https://www.amazon.fr/Console-Nintendo-Switch-avec-Joy-Con/dp/B01N5OPMJW/
And I am paying less (taxes) and (free) shipping it to my family in Luxembourg

The RRP seems to be 60eur though, where are they charging you 70? That's excessive.
EDIT: Now I see it, amazon.de... "launch" prices.

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
SuperNova said:

amazon.fr
TLoZ-BotW: https://www.amazon.fr/Legend-Zelda-Breath-Wild/dp/B01MUAFFPA/
Console: 
https://www.amazon.fr/Console-Nintendo-Switch-avec-Joy-Con/dp/B01N5OPMJW/
And I am paying less (taxes) and (free) shipping it to my family in Luxembourg

The RRP seems to be 60eur though, where are they charging you 70? That's excessive.
EDIT: Now I see it, amazon.de... "launch" prices.

Yeah, amazon.de has marked everything up by 10€ -___-

I should start importing from france then. But I don't get free shipping from amazon.fr unfortunately. Maybe I can just buy games when I'm in Toulouse visiting family.