By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PREVIEWS for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

KLAMarine said:
The press gushed about GTA 5 and I found that game to be mediocre.

Hopefully praise for BotW isn't more of the same hot air. Judging by the footage I've seen, I'm reminded of Wind Waker plus more and I love WW.

Indeed, some reviewers seem to have given positive reviews for GTA V because of it's big, detailed world, rather than for the gameplay. I hope this isn't the case for BotW too.

Around the Network

Also:
«I really like it, and I would personally spend $360 on the Switch + Zelda next week. I don't think I've ever have or will buy a system "for one game," but Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, and a few others make it seem already worth it for me. I feel like it's complete! It's one of the coolest open worlds I've ever played. Maybe not as filled to the brim as say, Witcher 3, but very fun, partially because of the theme.

I don't think you need the Pro Controller for it. I've heard it's better but I really like using the Joy-Con grip. You can pick it up later if you want.

You can also probably get a cheap Wii U if you don't have one already although I haven't tested that version.»

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Flilix said:
KLAMarine said:

Hopefully praise for BotW isn't more of the same hot air. Judging by the footage I've seen, I'm reminded of Wind Waker plus more and I love WW.

Indeed, some reviewers seem to have given positive reviews for GTA V because of it's big, detailed world, rather than for the gameplay. I hope this isn't the case for BotW too.

Nah, gameplay looks to be the best part of the game, for me. I mean, it's not getting the praise for the graphics, for sure.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Great thread. This game is going to be great.

Flilix said:
KLAMarine said:

Nah, GTAV gameplay was mediocre, BOTW seems really solid. At least based on video gameplays. I can't wait to try it myself!

Around the Network

It's the only Nintengo game that interests me, but one game is not enough to make me buy a console.

Flilix said:
KLAMarine said:

Actual from what we saw until now, gameplay look like best part of game, everything seems so interesting and fun with lotsa different approaches, and Zelda BotW world seems like one giant playground.

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

It would seem review copies are focussed mostly on the Switch so you may be waiting until launch day for that to be covered.  It's unfortunate but not surprising given it is a launch title.  Similar marginalizing did happen with Twilight Princess GCN.

Ugh, guess I'll be finding out via my own copy in 6 days time then. >_>

Surely somebody out there has the Wii U version and can just tell us how it runs...

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-gets-first-review-in-edge/

The last bits are a bit spoilery though so here's the short of it:  Wii U version does perform a bit worse, but they claim it rarely makes any real impact on gameplay.  So basically, what was expected.

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

Ugh, guess I'll be finding out via my own copy in 6 days time then. >_>

Surely somebody out there has the Wii U version and can just tell us how it runs...

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-gets-first-review-in-edge/

The last bits are a bit spoilery though so here's the short of it:  Wii U version does perform a bit worse, but they claim it rarely makes any real impact on gameplay.  So basically, what was expected.

I can live with that. Honestly, in a game of this nature, framerate dips shouldn't be a big problem. I thoroughly enjoyed games like The Last Story despite it chugging during busy scenes. A locked 30fps would've been nice and all, but with a game this vast and complex, it's understandable that the Wii U can't quite manage that. It is what it is.

Thanks for the heads up.

Flilix said:
KLAMarine said:

I'll be honest- I found driving around and chilling in GTA more fun than anything else. 

I think an open world driving game would be neat. It'd be cool to just unwind and relax.