By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch battery life: 2h 48m when playing Zelda

zorg1000 said:
Nem said:

That is a fat lie if i ever saw one.

Also, "pretty much" is very accurate.

It lasts 2h 40m, not 3 hours. This is because normal people seek to turn the thing off when the warning pops up.

Whats a lie?

Nintendo said 3 hours and it gets 3 hours at default settings.

That is the dumbest and most biased argument i have ever seen, if thats the type of rebuttals you are going to use than you arent worth discussing with. 

Maybe you missed the article linked in the beggining of this thread aswell as multipe other reports. It's less than 3 hours in normal conditions = fact. Nintendo didn't add any if's to their statement either. There was no "if you turn brightness to low and cut wi-fi.

I'm afraid the biased one has never been me, as i'm not the one making up excuses. I am happy to leave it there though as usual i just stop replying to circular arguments anyways. And boy there have been a few in this thread. It's amazing how much people can weasel around an inescapable fact: It's a weak battery. How difficult is that to admit eh?

Around the Network
Nem said:
zorg1000 said:

Whats a lie?

That is the dumbest and most biased argument i have ever seen, if thats the type of rebuttals you are going to use than you arent worth discussing with. 

Maybe you missed the article linked in the beggining of this thread aswell as multipe other reports. It's less than 3 hours in normal conditions = fact. Nintendo didn't add any if's to their statement either. There was no "if you turn brightness to low and cut wi-fi.

I'm afraid the biased one has never been me, as i'm not the one making up excuses. I am happy to leave it there though as usual i just stop replying to circular arguments anyways. And boy there have been a few in this thread. It's amazing how much people can weasel around an inescapable fact: It's a weak battery. How difficult is that to admit eh?

The test that got 3 hours had the wifi ON and the bright in default mode, stop making things up, you are fooling yourself. 

Goodnightmoon said:
Nem said:

The test that got 3 hours had the wifi ON and the bright in default mode, stop making things up, you are fooling yourself. 

It's unsightly... it really is.

Let's quote:

Update: We also ran a test using the system with the lowest brightness level and got 3 hours and 5 minutes of play time. All of our tests were done with the system in “Airplane Mode” which disables wifi.

Even the 2hours 48m was done without Wi-fi. I mean seriously, i don't even know what to say. The denial is definitly not a river in egypt.

Alright, let's move along. It's impossible to talk sense into people who don't want to see it.

Nem said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It's unsightly... it really is.

Let's quote:

Update: We also ran a test using the system with the lowest brightness level and got 3 hours and 5 minutes of play time. All of our tests were done with the system in “Airplane Mode” which disables wifi.

Even the 2hours 48m was done without Wi-fi. I mean seriously, i don't even know what to say. The denial is definitly not a river in egypt.

Alright, let's move along. It's impossible to talk sense into people who don't want to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiBtZ34vuQg

3 Hours with the wifi ON and the bright in default

Nem said:
zorg1000 said:

Whats a lie?

Dude I already said it like 4 times and others have as well.

3 HOURS & 2 MINUTES WITH DEFAULT SETTINGS!!!!!!!!!!

The discussion isnt whether or not the battery is good, its whether or not Nintendo lied about the battery life, they didnt so stop being a whiny little baby.

Come again.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

240 messages arguing over a battery...
What a great image for the gaming community

2h30 without using WiFI, what will it be on an online game actually using it.. 1h30 ?

Thats probably thé most disapppointing About this console.
Though theyll probbaly make à better model with better battery

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
2h30 without WiFI, what will it be on an online game... 1h30 ?

Thats probably thé most disapppointing About this console.
Though theyll probbaly make à better model with better battery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiBtZ34vuQg

3 hours and 3 minutes with the Wifi ON and the bright at default (75%)

You keep being wrong, again and again. 

Zelda doesnt use the Wifi constantly so its pretty Silly, Mario Kart online will bé an other story

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Zelda doesnt use the Wifi so its pretty Silly, Mario Kart will bé an other story

Mario Kart will last the same or longer, since the game itself is way less intensive and the wifi is not such a huge battery drainer as you make it sound.