By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn Predicted To Sell 8 Million Units, Close To Uncharted 4

mZuzek said:

They say it can sell at the same level or close to Uncharted 4 and Metal Gear Solid V.

Look, I'm no expert. I'm just looking at the game titles here.

Uncharted 4.
Metal Gear Solid V.

You know, there's a reason those games sold well. They have fanbases.

I don't doubt Horizon will sell very well, but I can't see it topping 6 million. Not at all.

Not likely, but idt it's impossible. TLoU sold 7-8million on PS3, right? And this was despite PS3 having a poor userbase in the US and TLoU releasing at the end of the 7th gen. Ontop of this, PS4 exclusives and games sell well far more consistently than those on PS3 ever did.

Around the Network

I could see it if Sony did a bundle, but all those are dedicated to third-party marketing deals this holiday.

Not unless it's bundled as heavily as Uncharted 4 was, I cannot see it selling that much. 3.5-4 million sounds about right.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

I expect it to sell 6M+

Anyway, don't go on counting it as if it's guaranteed, let's wait and see what it actually sells.

Should have a strong opening, decent legs until E3 due to the high score and if GoW doesn't come this year, be majorly pushed at holidays as the big game of the year, like Uncharted 4.

I'm pretty sure Sony has a winner with Horizon, they'll profit big on it, so anyway it'll be fine.

I see Sony's main priority after Horizons release being , how do we best prepare the ground work for Horizon 2 .
So after the fans are taken care of and the sales start to slow I expect them to not just have some bundles but make it the main bundle to increase awareness and at the same time add to it's fan base going forward ,rather than making the mistake of expecting it to sell well based on the buzz it's getting and being happy if it matches thatexpectation.

Around the Network

Regardless of the group making the prediction, I think it is definitely possible for Horizon to reach those numbers.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I think that's too much to expect from a new IP but we'll see, I do hope it sells very well.

I mean it's possible and all, but best not to get carried away with the predictions

pitzy272 said:
mZuzek said:

They say it can sell at the same level or close to Uncharted 4 and Metal Gear Solid V.

Look, I'm no expert. I'm just looking at the game titles here.

Uncharted 4.
Metal Gear Solid V.

You know, there's a reason those games sold well. They have fanbases.

I don't doubt Horizon will sell very well, but I can't see it topping 6 million. Not at all.

Not likely, but idt it's impossible. TLoU sold 7-8million on PS3, right? And this was despite PS3 having a poor userbase in the US and TLoU releasing at the end of the 7th gen. Ontop of this, PS4 exclusives and games sell well far more consistently than those on PS3 ever did.

TLOU was also hailed as one of the best games of all time and while Horizon has been awarded with absolute stellar reviews they're not as fantastic as for the other games mentioned.

Sony is pushing Horizon hard. I saw cyborg dog things (actually looked like Geth from Mass Effect) attacking the host on ESPN this morning while I was at the gym. I said to myself, "Those sneaky sons of bitches..."

But I predict 3 million in sales.

Twitter: @d21lewis