By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 owners what is your OS and have you replaced the Hard Drive?

Yeah I just want to find out what you have? say a 250 GB Hard Drive with Linux? Wonder if anyone has Windows Vista or Xp as their OS on their PS3. Well lets find out

Around the Network

I have a 160GB in it now, and I don't think that you can put Windows on it, only Linux.

You can only put Linux on it--it's open-source.

I only have the 'bare-bones' 60-gig PS3.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Just the standard 40GB which was in it when I bought the PS3. For now quite enough.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

XP won't run on PowerPC architecture, but even if it did you'd have to create some fancy hacked bootloader to get it to work (and probably have to work around hypervisor security in the process..)

I haven't replaced my hard drive - still 60gb. I don't have any need for more space. I'll probably install Gentoo linux on it once we finally have drivers for the GPU (might not ever happen)

Around the Network

linux on the original 60 gig, but i never use it. (the linux that is) I use the PS3 all the time.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Just the original OS on 60GB. Toying with adding new HD (120 GB most likely) as with the potential space for game installs plus I want to put a fair amount of media on it the 60GB is starting to look fairly low for my purposes.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

250 gig hdd with yellow dog linux on mine.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

just the 60 with the original it's working fine for me right now

Retail 60gb.
I've always wanted to upgrade but I'm to lazy to redownload everything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags?