By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What really happened in Sweden?

areason said:
VGPolyglot said:

She was purposefully vague when making her statement, so I showed her evidence against her claim. If she didn't want me to include WWII, she should have been more specific. Of course, if she did that, her post wouldn't have had the punch that she wanted.

It doesn't matter that she was vague in her statement! You did something illogical, her post still has the punch that it did, because you again can not compare a state of war to a stable state. 

And I also gave her a link indiciating that there are also problems with sexual assault during Oktoberfest.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:

It's also because there's less people applying for asylum than before. It's obvious that they're going to take less in when there are less to take in:

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Asylum_quarterly_report

There is literally one country between Europe and mass migration up into Northern Europe, and that is this tiny Balkan country called Macedonia that has actively stopped  migration into the rest of Europe from ironically a EU country to its south. Macedonia dramatically slowed down migration even as it was critised by countries like Germany, Macedonia also keeped records of who did pass through in the early days but Germany refused to use that data, Greece a EU country did not even record who pasted through it's territory, some of those that eventually ended up in France were responsible for some it's terror attacks 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35763101 

Rab said:
VGPolyglot said:

It's also because there's less people applying for asylum than before. It's obvious that they're going to take less in when there are less to take in:

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Asylum_quarterly_report

There is literally one country between Europe and mass migration up into Northern Europe, and that is this tiny Balkan country called Macedonia that has actively stopped  migration into the rest of Europe from ironically a EU country to its south. Macedonia dramatically slowed down migration even as it was critised by countries like Germany, Macedonia also keeped records of who did pass through in the early days but Germany refused to use that data, Greece a EU country did not even record who pasted through it's territory, some of those that eventually ended up in France were responsible for some it's terror attacks 

Macedonia is not part of the European Union, though.

VGPolyglot said:
areason said:

It doesn't matter that she was vague in her statement! You did something illogical, her post still has the punch that it did, because you again can not compare a state of war to a stable state. 

And I also gave her a link indiciating that there are also problems with sexual assault during Oktoberfest.

Yes, and the article mentions years, with 6 and 12 cases of rape. I don't see how that is comprable to her statement about the colonge attacks. 

And that is without looking at the fact that it is a drinking festival.

Is there any Swedish people here to chime in?

Around the Network

I think accepting migrants is morally noble, but there has to be reasonable limits to it, and how it was handled the last couple of years wasn't the correct way of going about it.

It's reasonable to have a discussion about it and admit that limits and changes to policy need to happen and integration also needs to be more realistically discussed, and reasonable policy put forth. You cannot simply have millions of people from the Middle East overnight migrate into Europe without large scale issues arising. 

That said people must also be careful of the rise of xenophobic groups looking to take advantage of the situation for their own aims which are generally hate-filled.

VGPolyglot said:
Rab said:

No it's not, so it does not get funding from the EU to secure its border,  it has done more to slow this migration movement than most much larger and well funded EU countries, Macedonia saved counries further North a lot of grief will little recognition and help, EU or not, actually inspite of the EU which wanted open borders  

Rab said:
VGPolyglot said:

No it's not, so it does not get funding from the EU to secure its border,  it has done more to slow this migration movement than most much larger and well funded EU countries, Macedonia saved counries further North a lot of grief will little recognition and help, EU or not, actually inspite of the EU which wanted open borders  

The EU does not want open borders from outside the EU, they want open borders within the EU. So, they are not against control for border countries that are not part of the EU.

VGPolyglot said:
fatslob-:O said:

From none other than the United Nations itself ... 

Yep, your bias has shone through. We already established previously that the way Sweden counts rapes is different from other countries. And before you say that it's the UN who determined the numbers, it says in the title that it's the police who count the numbers, so the UN is just compiling their statistics, not counting it themselves.

Despite what you consider "rape" or not, the amount of sex crimes increased significantly in Sweden from 2012 to now.

https://www.bra.se/bra/brott-och-statistik/statistik/utsatthet-for-brott/ntu.html

areason said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yes, and the article mentions years, with 6 and 12 cases of rape. I don't see how that is comprable to her statement about the colonge attacks. 

And that is without looking at the fact that it is a drinking festival.

That's reported rape. Most of the rapes weren't reported. I can assume that the victims felt safer to come forward during the Cologne incidents because they had the support of the people, unlike many other times when they would probably be under much more critcism, scrutiny and victim-blaming. It's sad that they were sexually assaulted, but coming forward about it is at least an improvement over before when they probably felt pressured into staying silent.