By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What really happened in Sweden?

LadyJasmine said:
VGPolyglot said:

It probably wouldn't be the same as it is now, but it also probably wouldn't be the same as it was in 2015. 2015 was an unprecedented event in the history of the European Union, it was not the norm.

and it should never happen again as luckily people like you are no longer in charge of the debate

Reason and logic and security should dictate refugee policy. 

People like me were never in charge of the debate.

Around the Network
LadyJasmine said:
Sexual assault of 100's of women at once never happened in modern German history before uncontrolled immigration.

Fact

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32529679

VGPolyglot said:
areason said:

Yes because they would rather be next door to neighbhours to isis, have no job, a limited supply to food water/shelter/electricity/healthcare and be stuck in a warzone instead of going to a welfare state. They have a much better chance of survival by staying in a land which is part of an international conflict that seemingly has no end! 

Having sympathaty for refugees doesn't change the fact, that they have caused issues in Europe, and being refugees doesn't excuse that. 

Yes, it's extreme circumstances that made them decide to escape the war. If the only reason they moved was to have a good life in the welfare state, why wouldn't they have moved on-masse in 2004, when many of the Eastern European countries joined? Why did it take 11 years for them to do so?

They are currently living in extreme circumstances, in a country with no borders, with multiple terrorist groups, and with a lack of goverment so i don't get what you are on about.

You realise the difference between being a refugee, and between not being a refugee? As a refugee they get funding from NGOs, goverment, and whatever benefits the European country decides to give them. Plus the qoutas are way less strict then normal immigration, thats why they are refugees. 

If you actually look at Europe you can see that it has a good amount of immigration from Middle Eastern/Muslim Countries, France has 7.7 Mulsims, And by the earls 200s Germany had a reported 2-3 million Turks. So it isn't anything new. 

Also 11 years ago Syria, wasn't in a civil war, so what are you on about? 

VGPolyglot said:
LadyJasmine said:
Sexual assault of 100's of women at once never happened in modern German history before uncontrolled immigration.

Fact

'modern' germany and has that happened since in Germany in the past 50 years? 

LadyJasmine said:

Fact

It may be beside the point, but there's plenty of rape/drunken sex with wishy/washy intent that happens at Oktoberfest every year and yes prior to the refugee crisis as well. 

Around the Network
areason said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yes, it's extreme circumstances that made them decide to escape the war. If the only reason they moved was to have a good life in the welfare state, why wouldn't they have moved on-masse in 2004, when many of the Eastern European countries joined? Why did it take 11 years for them to do so?

They are currently living in extreme circumstances, in a country with no borders, with multiple terrorist groups, and with a lack of goverment so i don't get what you are on about.

You realise the difference between being a refugee, and between not being a refugee? As a refugee they get funding from NGOs, goverment, and whatever benefits the European country decides to give them. Plus the qoutas are way less strict then normal immigration, thats why they are refugees. 

If you actually look at Europe you can see that it has a good amount of immigration from Middle Eastern/Muslim Countries, France has 7.7 Mulsims, And by the earls 200s Germany had a reported 2-3 million Turks. So it isn't anything new. 

Exactly. I'm saying that the Syrians probably wouldn't be trying to go to Europe if they weren't fleeing war. It's not because they're thinking that they've got a fast ticket to a good life. If that were the case, why would there be so many refugees in countries like Jordan and Turkey, who are not part of the EU?

VGPolyglot said:
LadyJasmine said:

Fact

You do realise, that what you linked is from WW2, i mean did you even read it.

You can't compare something that is being done is a stable state, compared to the last 6-8 months of the nazi regime. 

VGPolyglot said:
areason said:

Exactly. I'm saying that the Syrians probably wouldn't be trying to go to Europe if they weren't fleeing war. It's not because they're thinking that they've got a fast ticket to a good life. If that were the case, why would there be so many refugees in countries like Jordan and Turkey, who are not part of the EU?

Well, their are many "economic migrants" coming from countries that aren't in war. 

You stated that their is a limited amount of Refugees available today, i told you that their isn't, how does their refugee status go against my point?

It's not easy to see how Jordan and Turkey are closer to Syria and to how they have more flexible open door policies then Europe, i don't see why i need to explain that. 

LadyJasmine said:
VGPolyglot said:

'modern' germany and has that happened since in Germany in the past 50 years? 

Modern Germany is usually referred to the period from 1871, when Germany unified. I showed you that mass rape has happened in Germany before, and now you're trying to shift to the last 50 years, which is from the point over 20 years after World War II ended.

Soundwave said:
LadyJasmine said:

Fact

It may be beside the point, but there's plenty of rape/drunken sex with wishy/washy intent that happens at Oktoberfest every year and yes prior to the refugee crisis as well. 

and using war torn  WW2 Germany to excuse modern mass sexual assault in a modern day stable peaceful nation