By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What really happened in Sweden?

LadyJasmine said:
Soundwave said:

It may be beside the point, but there's plenty of rape/drunken sex with wishy/washy intent that happens at Oktoberfest every year and yes prior to the refugee crisis as well. 

https://mic.com/articles/154911/oktoberfest-has-a-sexual-assault-problem-it-isn-t-all-brats-and-beers#.plRONrwvX

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
LadyJasmine said:

'modern' germany and has that happened since in Germany in the past 50 years? 

Modern Germany is usually referred to the period from 1871, when Germany unified. I showed you that mass rape has happened in Germany before, and now you're trying to shift to the last 50 years, which is from the point over 20 years after World War II ended.

Dude, you linked something from WW2. 

It is absurd to compare a state at a time of war, to a stabe that is stable. 

areason said:
VGPolyglot said:

Exactly. I'm saying that the Syrians probably wouldn't be trying to go to Europe if they weren't fleeing war. It's not because they're thinking that they've got a fast ticket to a good life. If that were the case, why would there be so many refugees in countries like Jordan and Turkey, who are not part of the EU?

Well, their are many "economic migrants" coming from countries that aren't in war. 

You stated that their is a limited amount of Refugees available today, i told you that their isn't, how does their refugee status go against my point?

It's not easy to see how Jordan and Turkey are closer to Syria and to how they have more flexible open door policies then Europe, i don't see why i need to explain that. 

I showed the documents from the EU themselves that there are less applicants than before, so how is it not limited? There is not an infinite number of Syrians.

LadyJasmine said:
Soundwave said:

It may be beside the point, but there's plenty of rape/drunken sex with wishy/washy intent that happens at Oktoberfest every year and yes prior to the refugee crisis as well. 

Not really, you made a statement that wasn't entirely true, I just pointed that out. I'm in Germany every few months for business, very nice people overall. 

VGPolyglot said:
areason said:

Well, their are many "economic migrants" coming from countries that aren't in war. 

You stated that their is a limited amount of Refugees available today, i told you that their isn't, how does their refugee status go against my point?

It's not easy to see how Jordan and Turkey are closer to Syria and to how they have more flexible open door policies then Europe, i don't see why i need to explain that. 

I showed the documents from the EU themselves that there are less applicants than before, so how is it not limited? There is not an infinite number of Syrians.

Applicants react to policy, yes they aren't inifnite, but if borders just open up, it's illogical to say that the numbers won't dramatically increase. 

Around the Network
areason said:
VGPolyglot said:

Modern Germany is usually referred to the period from 1871, when Germany unified. I showed you that mass rape has happened in Germany before, and now you're trying to shift to the last 50 years, which is from the point over 20 years after World War II ended.

She was purposefully vague when making her statement, so I showed her evidence against her claim. If she didn't want me to include WWII, she should have been more specific. Of course, if she did that, her post wouldn't have had the punch that she wanted.

areason said:
VGPolyglot said:

Applicants react to policy, yes they aren't inifnite, but if borders just open up, it's illogical to say that the numbers won't dramatically increase. 

It would probably increase, but probably not to the levels of 2015. That's what I said before.

So let me get this straight, you guys are using a comparable handful of sexual assaults (oktoberfest) to excuse 100's of sexual assaults that occurred in one night in a city ( and in others).

?

The thing is that event put egg on your world viewpoints and your not just accepting it

LadyJasmine said:
So let me get this straight, you guys are using a comparable handful of sexual assaults (oktoberfest) to excuse 100's of sexual assaults that occurred in one night in a city ( and in others).

?

The thing is that event put egg on your world viewpoints and your not just accepting it

I'm not excusing it, you're trying to insinuate that sexual assault is a problem that was created by the refugees, when the fact is that it had already been a problem before the refugee crisis.

VGPolyglot said:
areason said:

She was purposefully vague when making her statement, so I showed her evidence against her claim. If she didn't want me to include WWII, she should have been more specific. Of course, if she did that, her post wouldn't have had the punch that she wanted.

It doesn't matter that she was vague in her statement! You did something illogical, her post still has the punch that it did, because you again can not compare a state of war to a stable state.