By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Netflix Vs. Gaming

LivingMetal said:
pbroy said:
Welcome to the next level. This was what happened to me on 360 when Netflix debuted on console and I never looked back. Gaming is for n00bs...

I just came back from lunch which I normally take at home.  You guessed it. Netflix.

Do yourself a favor and watch Zombeavers. 😌

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
pbroy said:
LivingMetal said:

I just came back from lunch which I normally take at home.  You guessed it. Netflix.

Do yourself a favor and watch Zombeavers. 😌

Is it safe for me to do a search at work?

LivingMetal said:

Have you ever had those nights when you intended to play a game but instead decided to "channel surf" Netflix only to end up binge watching the night away?  I've had too many nights when the kid is finally in bed, and I can give my undivided attention to playing a game regardless of rating.  But instead, I end up checking out Netflix, and before you know it, I become too distracted.  I then realize it's gotten late, and I need to go to bed because I have work in the morning.  But as a gamer, I love gaming over Netflix, and I regret the decision not gaming the next morning.  Now, I've enjoyed what I've watched, but why do I easily press that Netflix button on the remote control over picking up that game controller?  How will I every tackle my massive backlog and justify future purchases if I don't play my games?  Even my kid says I have too many games.

If you hit the Netflix button on the remote, then that has to mean you are using Netflix through your TV. Shame, shame, shame. Stop using the TV OS, and start using your PS4/XBO OS, and you will game more. I never touch the TV remote anymore, because I hav everything set up to turn on and off with the PS4.

By using your console, you are always a home button away from games, and you alreay have the controller in your hands. This is why I have everything heappen through the console, web browsing, messaging, TV, Movies, and so much more. I am always connected to my games, and I still never miss a text or game invite whether I am gaming, web browsing, or watching video.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
LivingMetal said:

Have you ever had those nights when you intended to play a game but instead decided to "channel surf" Netflix only to end up binge watching the night away?  I've had too many nights when the kid is finally in bed, and I can give my undivided attention to playing a game regardless of rating.  But instead, I end up checking out Netflix, and before you know it, I become too distracted.  I then realize it's gotten late, and I need to go to bed because I have work in the morning.  But as a gamer, I love gaming over Netflix, and I regret the decision not gaming the next morning.  Now, I've enjoyed what I've watched, but why do I easily press that Netflix button on the remote control over picking up that game controller?  How will I every tackle my massive backlog and justify future purchases if I don't play my games?  Even my kid says I have too many games.

If you hit the Netflix button on the remote, then that has to mean you are using Netflix through your TV. Shame, shame, shame. Stop using the TV OS, and start using your PS4/XBO OS, and you will game more. I never touch the TV remote anymore, because I hav everything set up to turn on and off with the PS4.

By using your console, you are always a home button away from games, and you alreay have the controller in your hands. This is why I have everything heappen through the console, web browsing, messaging, TV, Movies, and so much more. I am always connected to my games, and I still never miss a text or game invite whether I am gaming, web browsing, or watching video.

Dude, the ONLY two apps I use on my Smart TV are YouTube and Netflix.  And, yes, it is so easy.  And I used to think Smart TVs are dumb.  Now, it's probably making me dumb.

i think you have a mental condition..life is pure stress these days so try to calm yourself down and play some real games..

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

Well, it's hard to fail at Netflix, maybe games are just too difficult for you nowadays ;)

I was getting lured into Netflix too, yet then psvr came out and changed all that. It's also winter time, no desire to get up early so late night gaming wins. In summer I watch more as it's easier to fall asleep after a show than after some stressful game.

watching, gaming, reading... usually hard to decide which one i would do.... esp i only get like 3 hours of free time nowadays (work/exercise being my priority right now)