By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Breath of the Wild finally dethrone Ocarina of Time for people? Let's look at the facts

It definitely looks like it has a shot at taking the throne in my book.

Based on what we've seen so far, I think it could be the best game Nintendo have made since the original Mario Galaxy back in 2007.

Around the Network

SS dethroned OoT for me but I know for a fact that's not how a lot of people feel

OT: it will for some people

Einsam_Delphin said:
For me, easily since it was never on my throne. I think people put too much stock in being the first at something, and as long as that mindset never changes, OoT will always be seen as the holy grail by many.

Being first at many things isn't the only reason OoT is on the top of many people's lists, it's also purely nostalgia.

Ocarina of Time isn't even close to being the best zelda game, why so many people think it is I'll never know. So yeah sure.

For me has to dethrone Wind Waker.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
We have this exact same discussion every 3-5 years and the answer is always yes.

/thread.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I actually prefer A Link to the Past over Ocarina of TIme, heh. 

You talk like OOT had the throne.
It didn't

For me, I think it will (unless the dungeons are REALLY bad).

mZuzek said:
Majora's Mask dethroned Ocarina of Time.

That is, whoever still thinks Ocarina of Time is the game to be "dethroned", will continue thinking so even after Breath of the Wild comes out. People's nostalgia for it is just way, way too strong.

Kind of like how people think Pokemon Red/Blue are the best games to ever exist. makes me chuckle.