Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Software sales of NES MINI games

What should happen?

Should keep track of them... 4 13.33%

30 games for $60 doesn't... 10 33.33%

No, these are too old of games, who cares? 7 23.33%

I won't diginify that co... 9 30.00%

Total:30

Hello all, I have two questions:

1) Are we keeping track of the software sales for NES MINI (if 1 million NES minis sell, then 1 million of each game should be added to their lifetime amount on the chartz)

2) If we are or aren't, should we?

I know some will point out that we don't keep track of other digital sales, but that is because until the company itself tells us we don't have a clue, but with NES minis we can track hardware sales and therefore software sales.

What do you all think?

Around the Network

I think we should count them overall. but they aren't physical - just bundle.

Switch!!!

No

Nope. If we tracked those and the Mini itself, we'd have to track all those cheap Genesis and Atari knockoffs as well. Where would it end? Would we have to track Leap Frog systems as well? It's a slippery slope.

no, that would be bonkers.

You keep track of the sales of the package, not individual games. Because then what? We'll keep track separetely of games on game compilation? Should we do that for Super Mario All star for example?

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:

no, that would be bonkers

Many things that would have been considered "bonkers" 100 years ago are being done today. I ask you this, comrade, will you sit quietly on the sidelines while people make history, or will you join the revolution?

Dulfite said:
maxleresistant said:

Many things that would have been considered "bonkers" 100 years ago are being done today. I ask you this, comrade, will you sit quietly on the sidelines while people make history, or will you join the revolution?

You keep track of the sales of the package, not individual games. Because then what? We'll keep track separetely of games on game compilation? Should we do that for Super Mario All star for example?

Dulfite said:
maxleresistant said:

lol, i like your style

No.

Also, doesn't the Japanese version have different games than the US version? Does Nintendo even break out the sales figures by region for the mini?

You can't even buy more software for the NES mini so no

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]