By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Video montage, 61 games confirmed for Switch.

That´s nice, but it seems that there´s a lot of games missing. I believe they opted to show only the most popular/known ones

here´s a more complete list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games

Around the Network

A lot of quirky, colorful, unique looking games in there.. There will no doubt be plenty of duds, but that's true with any lineup, partiicularly near launch, and I think moreso than many other lineups, this has the potential to have a lot of sleeper hits and hidden gems.

This is really the perfect compliment to my XB One with this lineup, as it focuses on platformers, party games, oldschool/retro style, JRPs, adventure, puzzle, as well as indies. The only real overlap so far I see is Skyrim, but I'm fine with rebuying that game anyway, as It'd be cool to play it on the go, and I only got roughly 40% through before selling off my 360 version anyway.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

RolStoppable said:
Pemalite said:

How does that make the current games lineup "substantual" though?

curl's perception is wrong. He looks at this video as a weak lineup, hence his "unfortunately".

Also, the lineup almost exclusively consists of games scheduled for 2017 because Nintendo hasn't shown their full hand. People are too used to console reveals where games that are still years away get announced to distract from a weak year 1.

Didn't think about this, but I think you're right. Switch's first year line-up has more games confirmed for first year than I can remember for many other consoles.  

If you're excited about this line-up now, you can expect Switch to keep getting these kinds of games throughout its lifespan. First party games, indies, JRPGs, and other mid-tier 3rd party games. Probably not many AAA Western games, though, so it won't be for everybody. 

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Hype looks really good.

zippy said:
Pemalite said:

How does that make the current games lineup "substantual" though?

A good game is a good game regardless of the budget. Some of these smaller titles look really good. I like the look of has been heroes.

Indies are no substitute for full fledged games, Wii U showed that.

Zelda, 3D Mario, and Splatoon 2 all in the first 9 months is impressive and all, but we could be looking at 2-3 month gaps with nothing but scraps, just like Wii U.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
zippy said:

A good game is a good game regardless of the budget. Some of these smaller titles look really good. I like the look of has been heroes.

Zelda, 3D Mario, and Splatoon 2 all in the first 9 months is impressive and all, but we could be looking at 2-3 month gaps with nothing but scraps, just like Wii U.

Hmm, I don't know about that. One could argue that Indies fill holes that big publishers leave open because they concentrate on the same shit every day.

• We didn't get a good Harvest Moon game recently, but we got the brilliant Stardew Valley.
  • We didn't get an F-Zero since GX/AX, but we got the briliant Fast Racing Neo.
  • We didn't get a Mega Man game, but we got... the... somehow Mighty .... .... ... ... ahh whatever.
  • We didn't get a good platformer from someone else than Nintendo, but we are going to get the brilliant Yooka-Layle.
  • We didn't get a new Metroid game (Federation Force shall be left outside of my point), but we got Axiom Verge, among some others.
  • We didn't get a good 2D Sonic game for like ages, but we got Freedom Planet.

There might be more examples.

GoOnKid said:
curl-6 said:

Hmm, I don't know about that. One could argue that Indies fill holes that big publishers leave open because they concentrate on the same shit every day.

• We didn't get a good Harvest Moon game recently, but we got the brilliant Stardew Valley.
  • We didn't get an F-Zero since GX/AX, but we got the briliant Fast Racing Neo.
  • We didn't get a Mega Man game, but we got... the... somehow Mighty .... .... ... ... ahh whatever.
  • We didn't get a good platformer from someone else than Nintendo, but we are going to get the brilliant Yooka-Layle.
  • We didn't get a new Metroid game (Federation Force shall be left outside of my point), but we got Axiom Verge, among some others.
  • We didn't get a good 2D Sonic game for like ages, but we got Freedom Planet.

There might be more examples.

But Fast Racing Neo is nowhere near as good as an actual F-Zero, Axiom Verge is nowhere near as good as an actual Metroid, etc.

Those games are nice to have as side dishes, but they're not a substitute for a proper meal so to speak.

The graphics of handheld gaming is here! And it looks great!

Pocky Lover Boy!