By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy screenshots for PS4 look fantastic

Let me go ahead and predict a Friday, June 30, 2017 release date.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:

Uh, what do 'unified checkpoints' mean? Don't all the games already have identical checkpoint systems?

Teeqoz said:
I just hope they revamp the controls.... Please please please fix the controls.

What's wrong with them? I always thought they were fine in all Crash games, with the possible exception of the first game not having analog support (I think).

KLXVER said:
Teeqoz said:
I just hope they revamp the controls.... Please please please fix the controls.

The controls are fine.

Really looking forward to this one

When was the last time you guys tried to play any of the Crash games? Especially the first one, but I really don't think 2 & 3 feel that much better. I tried to play them last summer (bought them as PS Classics on PS3), and they were so much worse than I remember them. Like honestly, if you ignore nostalgia and judge it purely by today's standards, the original Crash trilogy on the PS1 is complete shit.

Teeqoz said:

When was the last time you guys tried to play any of the Crash games? Especially the first one, but I really don't think 2 & 3 feel that much better. I tried to play them last summer (bought them as PS Classics on PS3), and they were so much worse than I remember them. Like honestly, if you ignore nostalgia and judge it purely by today's standards, the original Crash trilogy on the PS1 is complete shit.

I think I've played the first and the third game in the last few years, as well as the second game in the last ten years. That's not nostalgia anymore, and the only problem I had with the controls was no analog support in the first game (assuming I'm remembering correctly). I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. And generally, the only other problem I had was with the horrible save system in the first game. Otherwise the games are still awesome.

Zkuq said:
Teeqoz said:

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. And generally, the only other problem I had was with the horrible save system in the first game. Otherwise the games are still awesome.

I don't know what he's on about either, Crash 1 had it's issues. Terrible save system, dodgy movement (feels like you have more momentum and less responsive then 2/3). But Crash 2/3 hold up perfectly fine, they're still great.

The game looks as good as a PS4 remaster of a PS1 game could without being a remake.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Barkley said:

I don't know what he's on about either, Crash 1 had it's issues. Terrible save system, dodgy movement (feels like you have more momentum and less responsive then 2/3). But Crash 2/3 hold up perfectly fine, they're still great.

Also agree with this. Played some Crash/2 last year. #1 is pretty annoying not having analog support. 2 is fine though.

wait does 2 have analog support? 

I am Iron Man

Ka-pi96 said:

POLAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game of the year confirmed!!!!

Pura > Polar. Just throwing that out there.