By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many of you hardcore 360 owners want to add a PS3 to your collection?

starcraft said:
mrstickball said:
I was going to go PS360 at some point by proxy - I was going to have to buy one for my Girlfriend, since it had the games she wanted.

However, with Kingdom Hearts 3 in question....There's no absolutely no need to buy a PS3.

She wants..

Silent Hill 5
Resident Evil 5
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Kingdom Hearts 3

Among other ones. 3 of those 4 are on 360...So guess what she's NOT getting?

The difference between this gen and the last is simply that the competition to Sony's platform is viable (even more viable than Sony's lol) enough to port of co-develop every single third party game. As third parties made up the vast majority of good Sony exclusives last gen (GT and GoW accepted), that doesn't look good to PS2 upgraders.

Shadow of the Colossus, Twisted Metal, Singstar and many others also excepted.  And, these 3rd parties that made the PS2 exclusives you're referring to?  A number are making sequels exclusive to PS3.  Huge names; system movers. Maybe you've heard of some of them or are selectively forgetting...I don't think I'll go through the list.  If they happen to come out later for 360, too bad, too late...they won't jumpstart flagging 360 sales. 

PS3 has more developer support than 360 (talking about games in development and genres represented, not talking about number of games already released...1 year head start for 360 makes it apples and oranges).  Plus, 100 Sony studio games in development...and a great many will be 'good' and yet crazily enough won't be GT or GoW.  

It looks great to PS2 upgraders.  HD becomes the norm this year.  PS3 is the box.  PS3 has Blu-Ray.  PS3 has the edge in games going forward.   360 will be passed and doubled up in sales by gen end.

Around the Network

I am actually thinking of going the other way, ME LO and AC6 are all games that I really want, and Fable 2 and Too Human are interesting prospects for this year

there is no chance o f buying ps3, maybe Wii...

There is no reason to buy a PS3 for me now in the UK. I dont buy Blu-Rays and the only games on my radar are Killzone 2, White Knight Story and FF13/FF13V. They would have to blow me away as Gears, BioShock and Lost Odyssey did to justify the asking price. The PS3 is £300 here which is the price I bought the 360, however, as I said, no mind-blowing game that will warrant my purchase as yet. I say as yet because I am a gamer and would be happy to buy a PS3 if it was worth it. Having good online functionality like Live will also help alot, but its still far from it.

mrstickball said:
I was going to go PS360 at some point by proxy - I was going to have to buy one for my Girlfriend, since it had the games she wanted.

However, with Kingdom Hearts 3 in question....There's no absolutely no need to buy a PS3.

She wants..

Silent Hill 5
Resident Evil 5
Kingdom Hearts 3

Sexual gratification?

Around the Network

I think the price is reasonable at this point.
I will buy a PS3 just as soon as it meets the following conditions.

-60+GB
-white version
-rumble
-backwards compatibility

I'm waiting, Sony!

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Played_Out said:
mrstickball said:

She wants..

Silent Hill 5
Resident Evil 5
Kingdom Hearts 3

Sexual gratification?

QFT FTW!!!!

I will make the plunge quite late in the cycle as the 360 / Wii fulfill all my gaming needs at the moment.

The PS3 is just too expensive with little or no games to recommend it over the 360.

Problem is I cant see the games coming. Its not just an anti Sony thing (I am a confirmed Sony hater by the way) its simply looking on the Horizon the big hitters dont do it for me.

MGS4 - have never liked the series one iota
GTAIV - Is coming out for the 360
Final Fantasy - see MGS4

Microsoft seem to have cornered the games people want to play this gen.

Basically until God Of War pops his head out of hades I'm more than happy to let the PS3 chase down the other two consoles and will buy in 4 years or so at a vastly reduced price.

@ etech

Woah. Did I read that right? Your playstation games based on the opinon of a person with one game .......

And the complaint can taken as a positive thing by many.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

sinha said:

I think the price is reasonable at this point.
I will buy a PS3 just as soon as it meets the following conditions.

-60+GB
-white version
-rumble
-backwards compatibility

I'm waiting, Sony!

So if everything else came true, you wouldn't buy it because of the color of the case?

Wow