By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many of you hardcore 360 owners want to add a PS3 to your collection?

I really don't care if I get a PS3. Sure, I like a few of its future exclusives, and Bluray is nice, and I would like to play a lot of PS2 games, but for the very high price and the amount of use it would get, it's not worth it.

Around the Network

I'm the opposite. I'm a hardcore PS3 owner and fanboy and I just bought a falcon elite because the 360 is a great console as long as it doesn't RRoD. So i'm hoping MS got it right this time.

I thought that I needed a Playstation 3. So I bought one in the middle of December. I sold it in the middle of January... For me, there were no games that were interesting and the features that the PS3 has that the Xbox 360 doesn't have were nothing that made me say I need to keep this machine.

Don't get me wrong. I think that the PS3 is a great machine, but if you have an Xbox 360, there really is no need right now to have a PS3. The only game that I think that I would want in the future is MGS4. Other than that, nothing for me.

Not to get off topic, but I have a launch day Xbox 360 and (knock,knock) it is going strong. I am hopping it doesn't RRoD but I will for sure get another if it does, and not buy a PS3 until the games on PS3 are better quality then the Xbox 360

Ginaman

Ginaman said:
I thought that I needed a Playstation 3. So I bought one in the middle of December. I sold it in the middle of January... For me, there were no games that were interesting and the features that the PS3 has that the Xbox 360 doesn't have were nothing that made me say I need to keep this machine.

Don't get me wrong. I think that the PS3 is a great machine, but if you have an Xbox 360, there really is no need right now to have a PS3. The only game that I think that I would want in the future is MGS4. Other than that, nothing for me.

Not to get off topic, but I have a launch day Xbox 360 and (knock,knock) it is going strong. I am hopping it doesn't RRoD but I will for sure get another if it does, and not buy a PS3 until the games on PS3 are better quality then the Xbox 360

Ginaman
Just keep your 360 cool and it should be fine.  As for me getting a PS3 I would not.  My bro has one and he only has Resistance fall of man.  The thing that makes ps games not good anymore is they foucus too much on story and not on the player.  Games now are more about your performance rather than storyline. 

Love is whats most important.

im waiting for the price to drop to 200 in about 2-3 year not really sure if it will go that low can anyone tell me if it is, and if get the ps3 now i wont be playing it cuz my 360 is a whore and keeps me satisfied with great games like bioshock halo and soon my slut on the side GTA4

Around the Network

I was a diehard 360 fan, for about a year. Then the PS3 came out, and I played a few games, and liked them both. I think what I liked most about the PS3, is when I go for a few months without playing any games at all, I still use the PS3. It's useful, and worth the money to me, even if I never play another video game.

The 360 just sits in a draw until the next hot game comes out, or I feel like playing some Gears or Mass Effect.

I have no need or desire to own one for the present. For now, and the foreseeable future (all of 2008 at least) all the games I want to play will be out on the 360. Sure there's the odd game that I would play if I already owned a PS3, like Uncharted, but on a college student's budget that's just not enough incentive for me to pick one up.

When the price comes down another $100 and the library has quality exclusives I care about I will buy one, currently there are more than enough games on every other system to keep me busy.

Well I got a 360 but don't have a PS3. Yet, I'm not a hardcore 360 fanatic. In fact I hated them. Giving me RRoD 3 times is too much.

1st Dead
2nd Dead(replacement)
3rd Dead(replacement)
4th Sold(replacement)
5th Bought a new one.

I'm on my 5th 360 right now. I pray it doesn't disappoint me as I bought the 5th one.

If only Sony didn't screw up in the beginning. I wouldn't even dare to buy a 360. But since 360 got some games I wanted, I bought it anyway. I'm not buying a PS3 until June and I'm my purchasing hand is itching to buy one already.

........Is it June already?

buy the 80g mgs4 bundel when it gets out

ds3 + mgs4 + ps2 games! for just 499!what more would you want?

your avatar looks so yummy!!!!!!!

mgs4 will sell 2.4m week 1

japan:500k

others: 1m

NA:900k

AAA (90%+) games (metacritic):

nintendo:65

Xbox: 42

playstation: 98