By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many of you hardcore 360 owners want to add a PS3 to your collection?

I'm just curious from the hardcore 360 owners...  I don't have my PS2 any more and I'm down to just my Wii and 360 but I'll admit that I'm really interested in getting one.  Right now the game collection isn't enough to warrant a PS3 as an additional console but with another price drop, I'm there...  If they had kept 100% BC in the 40 gigger I probably would have already bought one...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
kn said:

I'm just curious from the hardcore 360 owners... I don't have my PS2 any more and I'm down to just my Wii and 360 but I'll admit that I'm really interested in getting one. Right now the game collection isn't enough to warrant a PS3 as an additional console but with another price drop, I'm there... If they had kept 100% BC in the 40 gigger I probably would have already bought one...

What you said there pretty much applies to me.  I want BC and rumble (im in Australia) included when I buy the console. I will definately get one for Versus (although if FFXIII is EXCELLENT my purchase may be earlier), but right now the games just arn't there to justify paying $US640 for the only available PS3 where I live.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I already got a ps3, 360 and a Wii (Which my missus insists its hers. Lol), i must say i haven't touched my ps3 for about 2 months.

I really need an Awesome game to lift my thoughts on the Console, maybe MGS4 will do it for me, i'm certainly hoping.

I got the 40 gig, i got a PS2 already, so BC doesn't really bother me.

I haven't played a PS2 game for about a year now. Lol

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

My 360 just Red Ringed (I'm so sad, I really loved the thing) and I'm kind of just letting it sit around while I play the Super Smash Bros. series again. I'm going HD, and I wanted the PS3 the most from the start of the generation. I really would prefer the Dual Shock 3, but I don't think it comes around til' June, which is a pain.

Anywho, I think I'll be buying one soon!

I plan on getting the Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle when it comes out. I'll probably stick with MGS4 for a while though, because I don't see too much on the horizon that piques my interest, outside of Disgaea 3 which is a must buy.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
My 360 just Red Ringed (I'm so sad, I really loved the thing) and I'm kind of just letting it sit around while I play the Super Smash Bros. series again. I'm going HD, and I wanted the PS3 the most from the start of the generation. I really would prefer the Dual Shock 3, but I don't think it comes around til' June, which is a pain.

Anywho, I think I'll be buying one soon!

Dual Shock 3 is coming out in the US next week :)

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=22511 

It's pretty good.  I imported a white one from PlayAsia.

As far as 360 hardcore owners buying ps3's...I did.

I camped out all night in the freezing cold to get a launch 360...and 2 later, I decided I'd get a ps3.

I love it.

I play my ps3 the most, my 360 second most, and my Wii the least. 

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

I was going to go PS360 at some point by proxy - I was going to have to buy one for my Girlfriend, since it had the games she wanted.

However, with Kingdom Hearts 3 in question....There's no absolutely no need to buy a PS3.

She wants..

Silent Hill 5
Resident Evil 5
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Kingdom Hearts 3

Among other ones. 3 of those 4 are on 360...So guess what she's NOT getting?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I have to admit, after buying my PS3 with full BC to review games, after the paper closed, I have been going through a spell where I don't play any games. Before though, I played the PS3, but honestly, I never stopped playing my 360. Now, I am too tired from my new gig to even think about playing games. Add in my new Jeep and I am pretty much disconnected from the video game scene (and this one).

You have to ask yourself - name 5 reasons you want to own a PS3. I know my wife loves the Wii - I likes the 360, but the PS3 - it just fails to hold my attention. It has some cool features, has Blu Ray, but I can admit, I don't find it to be as cool or sick as the PS2 and won't see it hitting its stride until 2010, 2011 - maybe. I have played Resistance, Warhawk, Uncharted, Motorstorm and a parachute game and they are fun, but I still prefer my 360 over the Wii and the PS3. I just think the winning of the HD war has put some wind in the PS3 sales. And add to the fact that folks were buying the system without any real system selling games and I am just totally baffled.

Anyhow, I have all 3 and enjoy them, but truthfully, I should hire some kids to come by and play my PS3 because no one really plays it.

mrstickball said:
I was going to go PS360 at some point by proxy - I was going to have to buy one for my Girlfriend, since it had the games she wanted.

However, with Kingdom Hearts 3 in question....There's no absolutely no need to buy a PS3.

She wants..

Silent Hill 5
Resident Evil 5
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Kingdom Hearts 3

Among other ones. 3 of those 4 are on 360...So guess what she's NOT getting?

The difference between this gen and the last is simply that the competition to Sony's platform is viable (even more viable than Sony's lol) enough to port of co-develop every single third party game.  As third parties made up the vast majority of good Sony exclusives last gen (GT and GoW accepted), that doesn't look good to PS2 upgraders.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I have virtually no interest in the PS3. The only reason I bought a PS2 was for JRPGs. Since the 360 trumps the PS3 in JRPGs, I don't have a PS3. White Knight Story is the only exclusive PS3 game that is on my radar at the moment. My PS2 died on me rather quickly. This caused me to miss out on some of the PS2 games that I would have bought other wise and Sony's flip flopping on the BC issues hasn't exactly made the PS3 more appealing to me either. If my brother hadn't kept picking up replacement PS2's, I would have missed out Suikoden V. Of course, that did cause me to have to suffer through yet another atrocious Final Fantasy title, XII, as well.