By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn Review Thread - MC: 89 / GR: 88.82%

SWORDF1SH said:
I hope I'm wrong but my prediction is 75. This is GG we're talking about. While their games are good, they aren't amazing and lack soul and this is a new genre for them. I think it will be a good game but with flaws. For me GG excelled at making a fun MP but Horizon lacks this altogether. You can guarantee it will be one of the best looking open world games though.

The thing is, they drafted in a lot of devs from Bethesda (fallout) and CD projekt Red (the witcher 3) to help with the game. I know what you mean about GG lacking soul but with the devs they got in I think it will seem like an entirely different studio.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

My prediction:..............lets go with 90.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I predict a 82.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

SWORDF1SH said:
I hope I'm wrong but my prediction is 75. This is GG we're talking about. While their games are good, they aren't amazing and lack soul and this is a new genre for them. I think it will be a good game but with flaws. For me GG excelled at making a fun MP but Horizon lacks this altogether. You can guarantee it will be one of the best looking open world games though.

While their last effort (shadowfall) wasn't very well executed I would like to say that Killzone 2 was. I still think it had one of the best SP shooter campaigns out there. It also had it's own playing style with its heavy feel towards everything.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

BraLoD said:
SWORDF1SH said:

They went on hiring people from experienced WRPG teams to help with it, tho.

Anyway, you'll be quite surprised.

BraLoD said:
flashfire926 said:

You already did it, check the table, your prediction is in the 2nd column, 21th row.

I'm sorry, I thought that was a different thread

Pardon me for the inconvinience.

BraLoD said:
flashfire926 said:

You already did it, check the table, your prediction is in the 2nd column, 21th row.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
Qwark said:
SWORDF1SH said:

While their last effort (shadowfall) wasn't very well executed I would like to say that Killzone 2 was. I still think it had one of the best SP shooter campaigns out there. It also had it's own playing style with its heavy feel towards everything.

KZ2 was my absolute favorite FPS MP on PS3 easily. The MP was very unique in feel and very fun and engaging. I wish they would have stuck with that formula.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

88. I have a lot of faith in it.

BraLoD said:
SWORDF1SH said:

They went on hiring people from experienced WRPG teams to help with it, tho.

Anyway, you'll be quite surprised.

I hope I am surprised, I've got it on preorder. 

If I'm wrong, I'll at least be in the ballpark for predicting the Polygon score.

Will go with 92, have really high hopes for this game

John2290 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

They have been working on it almost this entire decade so far with the full team falling in to full time after KZ SF, one of the first Devs to get Ps4 specs,  they have the Lead writer from Fallout New Vegas and specific hires from devs teams that knew their open world shit  and quest buildingtalent supposedly from games like the witcher series. This is not the same team that made KIllzone 2 or 3.

People are holding too much weight on who they've hired.What we can expect from past GG games and what we've seen so far from Horizon is a beautiful looking game with solid gameplay. 

You highlight Killzone 2 and 3 but the story to those were a lot better than PS4's Shadowfall, ironically Shadowfall was a lot more open than previous Killzone.

I think we should all be a bit more cautious especially this being GG's first attempt at a huge open world RPG. Getting a Metacritic of 75 would be a massive accomplishment and would be quite respectable although fanboys would label it a flop.