By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Breaking: Microsoft Surface launching April 17th... with AT&T!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/02/microsoft-surface-launching-april-17th-with-atandt/

No, Microsoft hasn't suddenly transformed its 30-inch, multi-touch Surface into a big-ass cellphone. It has, however, chosen AT&T to launch the world's first Surface into retail.

In my honest opinion... EXCELLENT move by MS! What better way to prove their product works other than with the phones themselves? One of the many applications Surface has is the ability to read a phone and then give you info on it!

Thougts?

Around the Network

i saw this, this morning. I want to find one in a store near me and just check it out. Feel sorry for the At&t rep's time I'll be wasting. :)

@BCNR34, old but still funny... Sometimes.

@superchunk, me too! But I won't get to see one live for like... 2 years I bet! I live in Venezuela :/

So badly want to pretend not to find this incredibly interesting. Nope can't do that. Might need to stop in one of those stores to see one.

Around the Network

I actually am finding this incredibly interesting--if marketed properly, this could be just as viable a business for MS as Xbox. And in a few years when they come down in price enough for the average person to buy it, I'll be lapping it up

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

average person will probably never buy it.

It requires cameras to be positioned above you to work. It does not just use a touch screen.

Anyone that pretends they wouldn't want one of these is kidding themselves.
WAY out of most peoples price range, but when they come down in price a LOT, i'm in.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Awesome as, i'll certainly have a look at it... if it comes here.

Looks a bit big for me to have in my house :P

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

The blue table of death here we come :D lol