By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Five reasons why Nintendo Switch needs to have an achievement system

Theres no way it wont have an achievement system right

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

Yes I agree! I was also thinking that maybe Nintendo can do someing like converting them points into some currency which can be used to purchase stuff or get discounts. If its too OP then maybe they can only use it at smartphone games (Get 10 pokeballs on pokemon go for 4000 points, Get a stamina pot on FE Heroes for 5000 points)

Pocky Lover Boy! 

malistix1985 said:

They are already copying sony and MS on the Online Subscription fee........ Might as well copy this! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I think they already have an achievement system with My Nintendo points. If you look at Mario Run and FE Heroes, you earn platinum points for completing achievement like objectives. Obviously its not good enough and one again it's going to be an exclusive Nintendo thing like the stickers. But at the very least it's something.

I only want them to make those available for my friends to see when they look at my account and vice versa.

Jranation said:
malistix1985 said:

They are already copying sony and MS on the Online Subscription fee........ Might as well copy this! 

People like it, its easy to implement, multi platform games already support it and nintendo is creative enough to make their own achievements for their games and make them fun, I was suprised the WIi-U didnt support them, I am glad the 3DS doesn"t ( I think its ok for a handheld not to ) but the Switch should have it, it creates guides, online communities and has a possitive effect on replayability

Something that is essential because their first year looks slow, people will be replaying stuff. If this isn't included I will be flabergassed, only nintendo can just live in 1999 and convince some people to stay in their bubble with them.

I guess its because their games are genuinely good, and they are! but there is just no excuse for some of their decisions currently and in the past from a business standpoint and towards their fans

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

Sixth reason: They already have it. It's called My Nintendo, and they should be whipping DeNA back to working on integrating it into the Switch.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Ka-pi96 said:
pray4mojo said:
They're great but I have yet to see evidence that it is a deal breaker/maker as far as the mainstream goes.

Oh it's definitely not a deal breaker/maker for the mainstream. I can't remember the exact percentage of people that typically go for achievements but I'm sure it was only in the single digits so it wouldn't make much impact to hardware sales. It is worth mentioning though that those few that do usually have significantly higher game attach rates than the mainstream and (often, but not always) have lower standards when it comes to games, hence Rol's 4th point. Looking at the sales Sony were able to rack up with something like Sound Shapes largely because of trophies, just imagine what Nintendo could do if they combine that with one of their well known IPs.

Yes, Nintendo wouldn't be less-than by using them. I feel like they can only make a system and games better, if anything. But I think Nintendo must have an idealistic stance against them. They have always been very hard core about the player having the experience THEY wanted said player to have. Remember the Game Genie lawsuit? 

Like it's been mentioned, even in this thread. Nintendo could use My Nintendo for the Achievements everyone desperatelly needs,
and they'll be just as worthless  Be ready to purchase Switch themes with your Achievements!

My Nintendo previously seemed to revolve around these online services Nintendo is so tight-lipped about. 

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Well it does make some games more fun and you will do things for achievements you usually don't do. So it does add value and it's easy to implement anyway.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Yeah I mean I kinda think those Stamps are abit pointless, like every time I find a chest in TPHD I'm like woop another heartpeace, but nooo its a chuffing stamp. What in God's name do I do with these stamps I have no idea