By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Snake Pass Developer: It only took 1 week to port to Nintendo Switch

One year to port some titles with original game engines makes sense, but given what I know about Miyamoto, he really isn't a tech head so I take his words with a grain if salt when it that type of topic related to what other developers can do.

I doubt you can port the higher end games within a week but the idea it takes a whole year each time is a little difficult to believe.

Around the Network

Porting a game like this is one thing; porting a current gen AAA blockbuster is another matter entirely, which is probably why we're not seeing the latter.

Don't you guys get it! Here on Vgchartz we want numbers to be true! We don't accept false numbers! XD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Green098 said:

"Visually impressive puzzler game, Snake Pass, only took one week to port to the Nintendo Switch according to the developer. This is certainly promising news and bodes well for other devs to hopefully suite with their games. In a recent streaming session the developer, SUMO Digital, showed the PS4 version and then a little later the Switch version – giving an insight in how they compare.

You can watch the video here.

Skip to around the 20 minute mark if you want to see them play the Switch version."

at 20min is the first time they show the gameplay, and they never mentioned (that I noticed) which platform its running on.

Did I just miss it? Anyways if that was the switch version its up and running well, and looking so too.

JRPGfan said:
Green098 said:

"Visually impressive puzzler game, Snake Pass, only took one week to port to the Nintendo Switch according to the developer. This is certainly promising news and bodes well for other devs to hopefully suite with their games. In a recent streaming session the developer, SUMO Digital, showed the PS4 version and then a little later the Switch version – giving an insight in how they compare.

You can watch the video here.

Skip to around the 20 minute mark if you want to see them play the Switch version."

at 20min is the first time they show the gameplay, and they never mentioned (that I noticed) which platform its running on.

Did I just miss it? Anyways if that was the switch version its up and running well, and looking so too.

He does actually say he is playing it on the Switch at 25:38 with the split joycons.

Around the Network
Green098 said:
JRPGfan said:

He does actually say he is playing it on the Switch at 25:38 with the split joycons.

I watched atleast 15mins of it (I jumped to the gameplay part from the start), but I jumped abit in it, somehow I missed that part.

Anyways this is promising the game looks good.