By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Snake Pass Developer: It only took 1 week to port to Nintendo Switch

"Visually impressive puzzler game, Snake Pass, only took one week to port to the Nintendo Switch according to the developer. This is certainly promising news and bodes well for other devs to hopefully suite with their games. In a recent streaming session the developer, SUMO Digital, showed the PS4 version and then a little later the Switch version – giving an insight in how they compare.

You can watch the video here.

Skip to around the 20 minute mark if you want to see them play the Switch version."

Source: https://mynintendonews.com/2017/02/09/video-snake-pass-developer-states-that-the-game-took-only-one-week-to-port-to-nintendo-switch-shows-how-it-fairs-next-to-ps4-version/

Around the Network

Wow, that's pretty neat! I am really looking forward to this game when I posted the news it was coming to Switch. Like your avatar btw.

wow.. quick

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Seems promising, I think the 1 year to port games is a bit much, though indie games are ported a lot quicker anyways

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

RolStoppable said:
Platina said:
Seems promising, I think the 1 year to port games is a bit much, though indie games are ported a lot quicker anyways

Platina, the statement was "it takes less than one year to port from PC to Switch", so one year wouldn't be the standard amount of time, but rather the worst case scenario.

Did they say it was for worst case scenario? I don't really remember

Just trying to gauge the middle ground for porting most games

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

So we have a range of 1 week to less than a year. Miyamato probably meant it'd take a year if everything went hell and you programmed with one hand

Good to hear.

It took a week to get the game running, not to port. The port isn't done yet.

spemanig said:
It took a week to get the game running, not to port. The port isn't done yet.

Seeing the gameplay for the Switch version lets us realize how easier it is compared to Wii U. Really glad to see them have a playable version up and running in only a week. Assuming they'd need two weeks to have it completely done, i can see bigger games being ported quickly as well (although not as quickly)

Twitch is really unbearable, takes way too long to buffer, I wish everyone would just use youtube instead.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides