By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch pro controller has no headphones port, disapointing

Hynad said:
The PS4 has a headphose jack... I use my Pulse Elite headset wirelessly.

I don't know... Do you have more legitimate complaints, or have you at last ran out?

Well good for you , I dont have a wireless headsets of good quality( at équivalent prices normal headsets  will always bé far ahead so obviously i chose normal headsets )and im not Ready to buy One just for a console , especially After m'y last expérience with one

Well this one was m'y biggest complain about thé pro controller, Made me hesitate to buy One and finally didnt

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Hynad said:
The PS4 has a headphose jack... I use my Pulse Elite headset wirelessly.

I don't know... Do you have more legitimate complaints, or have you at last ran out?

Well good for you , I dont have a wireless headsets of good quality and im not Ready to buy One just for a console , especially After m'y last expérience with one

Well this one was m'y biggest complain about thé pro controller, Made me hesitate to buy One and finally didnt

Just for a console? You kidding me? I use mine for everything. Wii U, PS4, PC, piano, you name it. xD

KLXVER said:
Valdath said:

I can already see the TV ads.

"Nintendo Switch, can't win them all i guess."

That would be awesome.lol

heh, oh well.

Guess i will have to get a bluetooth so my GF doesn't wake up when she stays at my home, can't really stop my 4am mario kart sessions lol.

Just as not having analogue triggers is extremely disappointing, so is the lack of a headset jack.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

shikamaru317 said:

That actually is a pretty lame, not as lame as Apple leaving the headphone jack off iPhone 7, but still pretty lame. I use the headphone jack on both my XB1 and PS4 because I have them hooked up to a monitor instead of a tv. Now I'll have to buy a wireless headset, which are significantly more expensive.

Man... You're there everytime something remotely negative is mentioned about the Switch... I didn't think you were like that. :-/

Around the Network

I've got enough gaming headphones over the years to where this is a non issue. Sorry for you. Good luck.

Boo that manufacturer! I never use them on the PS4 anyway so I doubt I'd use them with the switch. It could be a bit awkward anyway if your phone is being used for the voice chat in games ...

I'm most curious about how all that works if you really HAVE to have your phone for matchmaking, chatting , ect.

I'm disappointed by the digital triggers too. Not that I would use them but they seem really important to people that like racing games.

The most expensive controller on the market should have ALL the bells and whistles.

d21lewis said:
I've got enough gaming headphones over the years to where this is a non issue. Sorry for you. Good luck.

I Know, right? This is such a petty thing to complain about. The actual console HAS a headphone jack. And in-ear speakers are really not what you should be using if you care about immersive sound quality. Unless of course you pay quite a premium for them.

Playing it as a Home Console mode I would certainly use the TV Sound. While headphones for Handheld Mode. Since PS2 was the last none Nintendo console/handheld I jave had...... This is not an issue for me.

Hynad said:
shikamaru317 said:

That actually is a pretty lame, not as lame as Apple leaving the headphone jack off iPhone 7, but still pretty lame. I use the headphone jack on both my XB1 and PS4 because I have them hooked up to a monitor instead of a tv. Now I'll have to buy a wireless headset, which are significantly more expensive.

Man... You're there everytime something remotely negative is mentioned about the Switch... I didn't think you were like that. :-/

Don't you know! The Switch has 3 types of fans!

- The people who comes for positive news

- The people who come for negative news

- The people who come for both positive and negative news. 

Its easy to identify which users is what. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Nintendo forum police doesn't think this is important at all, so yeah don't complain, you guys should have a bunch of bluetooth gaming headsets around your house anyway.