By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft: For Honor isn't coming to Nintendo Switch

RolStoppable said:
Kerotan said:

It will be infuriating to those who buy it.  They'll need to buy a second console or pc. 

If you employ that kind of logic, then it applies to all systems, because none of them has all the games.

Except Nintendo consoles miss out on more games then most other platforms. The massive lack of third party is a real bummer. 

Around the Network

For Good!

It most likely won't sell at all.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

monocle_layton said:

I love Ubisoft's games, but some of their console ports/ games definitely had me feeling a bit concerned about their optimization skills. 

Same. I love some of Ubisofts games... I have boycotted them though, unless it's a game in the console bargain bin as I despise Ubisoft's uDontPlay on PC.

RolStoppable said:
Kerotan said:

Except Nintendo consoles miss out on more games then most other platforms. The massive lack of third party is a real bummer. 

That's offset by the fact that if you don't own a Nintendo console, you'll miss out on the best games.

All platforms have some of the best games. - That's not a Nintendo-exclusive thing.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

RolStoppable said:
Kerotan said:

That's offset by the fact that if you don't own a Nintendo console, you'll miss out on the best games.

smh....... honestly, you are beginning to sound like nintendo pays you. All you had to do was add in "some" and you post wouldn't have sounded so....... I don't ven know.

Intrinsic said:
RolStoppable said:

smh....... honestly, you are beginning to sound like nintendo pays you. All you had to do was add in "some" and you post wouldn't have sounded so....... I don't ven know.

He's right though. No point in altering the truth. It can even be backed up by facts. Out of the top 10 of the best games of all times on metacritic, 5 titles are from Nintendo. The other 5 are basically Grand Theft Auto. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
RolStoppable said:
Great times ahead. Switch is not going to get AAA third party games, but will sell regardless. That's going to be infuriating to people.

It will be infuriating to those who buy it.  They'll need to buy a second console or pc. 

Lol, no it wont.

People are't dense, one step into a store and it'll be very clear the distinction between switch and ps4/xone software. If they still choose to spend $300 on the Switch they obviously value its difference. Furthermore its 2017, 90m people already own a PS4/X1. If Switch is your first console purchase this gen, likely the other 2 and their software isnt hugely appealing to you. 

Are we also going to make a topic for every Switch game that doesn't come to the PS4 or X1?

Nobody was expecting this to come to the Switch. As far as I'm aware, this is an online-only title, which wouldn't mix well with the philosophy of the Switch.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

The Switch is a powerful portable but a very weak home console. It's not technically capable of running this title well and if it did get ported to Switch it wouldn't sell because it would be such a poor performing port. The same will apply to all upcoming ambitious third party games requiring a good performance level to run and can only actually run on pc, ps4 and xbox one.

If we are looking for ports for Switch it should come from wii u, 360, ps3, android, ios and games for ps4, pc and xbox one that have very low performance requirements.

Otter said:
Kerotan said:

Lol, no it wont.

People are't dense, one step into a store and it'll be very clear the distinction between switch and ps4/xone software. If they still choose to spend $300 on the Switch they obviously value its difference. Furthermore its 2017, 90m people already own a PS4/X1. If Switch is your first console purchase this gen, likely the other 2 and their software isnt hugely appealing to you. 

This! Very nice comment! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

GhaudePhaede010 said:
"Dearth of games"? There are over 105 titles already... what?

Switch has around 30 retail games confirmed for year 1. Most console have that same amount on launch day.