By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii and Ps3 kicking it up or 360 just dying?

both

Around the Network

I noticed it too but i think GTAIV will give it that push

It is just a surprise. Before, I thought that vgchartz just was a little behind on some sales of 360. Then, it's like, every week, 360 sells about 150k and the numbers stay unchanged.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

You guys make it seem like it should be a steady number every week.. Each week more and more people have an X-360 so naturally it should sell less than the PS3 and the Wii seeing that it's been a whole year longer.

"Weird, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, so weird is acceptable to me."

Brawl Code:  1934-0329-3819 Pm me if you added me

lets see what Legend11 and selnor have to say on this issue, lol.

Around the Network

the xbox price has had a effect, they went from averaging 40k three weeks ago to over s 80k. their biggest problem is that the ps3 is finally getting some good games. and both ps3 and 360 needs some help in japan.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

i actually think
there is less much going on then people here want to believe
360 holding well, wii doing amzing and the ps3 is growing and doing a descent job now

until december 2008
i don't think you can draw real conclusions

let's first see how the market this summer after the release of Metal Gear will play out

''Hadouken!''

Rock_on_2008 said:

Dont forget Starcraft

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

360 is getting the 3rd place treatment.

Sega bowed out after two 10m or so years of unit sales for its consoles. It was last place both times.

Last gen xbox and gc were really close. This gen Wii is untouchable and PS3 is finally starting to get the hype and games that should have been here last year.

MS will never do well in Japan and Sony has always done fantastic in EU. Now that Nintendo is back to its prime and all three territories can't get enough, there is only room for two real competitors.

Originally, 2006, I had LTD pegged around 60m or so for PS360 each and 90+m for wii. Now it seems that Wii is trending much higher around 130m and PS3 is back in for a good 80m. That leaves very little room for a 3rd competitor.

I'm am betting the 360 won't sell 25m now. It's gonna really come down to GTAIV and other high profile mutliplats. If thier remaining userbase doesn't massively jump 360 from PS2, 360 is sub-25m.

kasillas88 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Dont forget Starcraft

add mrstickball and we have the entire team of four pro XBox 360 fans on VGChartz.

BTW I bet everyone else is either pro Sony or pro Nintendo.