By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii sales in America over 1/2 million in last 4 weeks

People thought I was crazy when I said Wii over XBox 360 worldwide in July.

That's happening before your very eyes.

People thought I was REALLY crazy when I went out on that limb and said Wii over XBox 360 in the Americas in July.

July's a loooong month and school's getting out. Don't be surprised when these numbers start looking really insane and break the tradition of the summer drought.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network

I do get a kick out of your enthusiasm, John Lucas, but Nintendo would have to ship AND sell every single console it made to North America from now 'till July in order for that to have a change of happening. I do, however, see the small-but-slowly-growing possibility for the Wii to catch up to the 360 here in America by the end of the year.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

johnlucas said:

People thought I was REALLY crazy when I went out on that limb and said Wii over XBox 360 in the Americas in July.

You are crazy. That's not gonna happen this year, much less July. The 360 is not a sitting duck you know?

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

yea Nintendo would have to sell 400k a week in NA to pass 360 by the end of July in NA. Worldwide is looking possible though.

DKII said:
Worldwide is looking possible though.

Only if the 360 doesn't have a holiday season, which doesn't seem likely given the lineup.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network

But this is really going to inflate their shipments for the next financial report. Should be pretty close to 10 million if this keeps up. Sony won't be able to keep up with that. With PS3 not saling, which means they are sitting in retailer warehouses, they'll no longer wnat to buy anymore. I mean seriously they pay for these things upfront and if they dont' sale they lose money. PS3 can't keep up.

Yes there is not much possible way that Wii can takeover 360 in America by the end of the year. It could come close but not pass it. Now in Europe I would say most definetly it could pass it. And WW easy. Wii will pass 360 easy in NA probably as early as September.

johnlucas said:

And I still think you're crazy. :P No offense of course. But here's the most recent America chart. That's simply too much ground to make up in just over two months' time.

These sales figures have got to be great news for Nintendo, though.  Increased shipments to America and they're still selling out immediately. 

KruzeS said:
DKII said:
Worldwide is looking possible though.

Only if the 360 doesn't have a holiday season, which doesn't seem likely given the lineup.

What Holiday season will the 360 see before August 1st?

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Yeah. USA before July? It will be hard enough to beat 360 (But maybe possible) in USA by the end of the year. Definately converted to chance of beating 360 WW by July, however. Getting that prediction right would be amazing enough.