By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii sales in America over 1/2 million in last 4 weeks

With the new weekly numbers, Wii has been adjusted to 512,825 sold in last four weeks!

4/29 - 134,631

5/06 - 130,989

5/13 - 125,928

5/20 - 121,277

Around the Network

Wow maybe Nintendo has ramped numbers up more than they said. Cause Japan is saling close to 400k a month and we've heard that Europe has been getting large shipments lately as well. Maybe Wii shipments are up to 1.5 million a month. Maybe the shortage is over.

either that, or GameStop was right, and they just held back the shipments in March, and we're feeling the surplus now. We'll find out if the numbers go back down a bit in the next few weeks.

I think Europe is getting the smallest shipments, but I could be wrong. It's likely shipments are 1.2 - 1.5 million units a month. Ridiculous.

Those numbers are insane.

Around the Network

It's already possible to walk into a store and buy a Wii without stalking for shipments etc in Finland, so I suppose it would make sense for Nintendo to divert resources from Europe. Looks like we're slow with next gen home consoles and turning into DS-land here.

My guess is Nintendo has a 2nd factory online now and is capable of up to 2 million a month. They are probably planning or already setting units back for the big three releases and the holidays.

Looks like July to pass 360 WW is becoming more of a reality.

From my understanding, it depends on the country in Europe. From what I've read, Wii's are still in short supply in England and France. Germany's putting up good numbers as well. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

In the UK demand still far out strips supply, amazon.co.uk has them for only a few mins before they sell out.

I was talking to my next door neighbor about the Wii, and he told me about a friend of his who played it around another friends house with his wife and they really loved it, they had talked about it for a quite a while - and they are all in their 40's. (that is my neighbor, his friend and his friends friend, but not his friend's wife, who is a bit younger...thats clear right? :) )

Well simply put, Interest is still very high here.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

cjpierciiw said:

My guess is Nintendo has a 2nd factory online now and is capable of up to 2 million a month. They are probably planning or already setting units back for the big three releases and the holidays.

Looks like July to pass 360 WW is becoming more of a reality.

You mean another subcontractor building units. Nintendo uses Asian manufacturers like Foxconn and Asus just as Sony and MS do to build their consoles. Of course that's oversimplifying the case, because you also have to coordinate with the parts manufacturers to deliver enough components for the increased manufacturing capacity.