By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 update 4.50 adds PS4 Pro boost mode, improves gameplay without patch

HokageTenshi said:

looks like low production PS4 Pro is going to sell out again next shipment...

Sony really need to produce more of it

March/Horizon Zero Dawn.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Originally Posted by stargateheaven

I need yakuza 0 tests!!!

it sticks to 60fps normally but it gets screen tearing.

Originally Posted by Withnail

Smooth as butter in boost mode.

Just Cause Boost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrSXbgb-b9M

The PS5 Exists. 

Mafioso said:
Finally, great for games with frame drops. Never made sense why XBO S could improve framerates and PS4 Pro couldn't.

So the Xbox S has an option to improve frame rate or not?

GAF:

I tried Rocket League. It feels so much better now.

The PS5 Exists. 

Sounds good for ps4 pro owners.

Around the Network

More from GAF:

Originally Posted by kristianity77

Right, I've had a mess around with boost mode for a few hours running games I've got that I know can be problematic. Non of this is science, just guess work!!!

Project Cars - Better, much better. Still frame rate issues in wet racing with lots on screen but its considerably better than before.

Bioshock Infinite - Pretty much a solid locked 60fps from the part I played. Could be different in other areas though maybe.

Darksiders 2 - Now locked 30FPS and screen tearing is gone

Lords Of The Fallen - Almost now a locked 30fps, screen tearing pretty much gone.

Tomb Raider - Now a pretty much solid 60FPS lock (not ROTTR here, the original reboot)

Sleeping Dogs - Still a bit rough when driving around, but much better and smoother on foot.

Evil Within - Great! Miles better than before!

COD Ghosts - Yes I know no one plays this anymore, but in multiplayer areas, game is now pretty much locked to 60FPS where it wasn't before on some maps. First 10 minutes of campaign mode is also pretty much a lock.

Dead Island - Seems the same as before, Frame pacing issues and not FPS problems perhaps?

Everybodys Gone To The Rapture - Smoother, still not perfect, but must now be a very close 30FPS lock

Oddworld New And Tasty - Now seemingly locked to 30FPS

Resident Evil 5 - No more frame drops that I can see where there used to be minor ones throughout.

The PS5 Exists. 

I'll wait and if this actually works i'll end up buying a Pro instead of a Slim to replace my old PS4.

Now I want a Pro.
I´d buy one right now but it´s such a hassle selling used stuff and where I live there´s no trade in to regular stores.

Valdath said:
I'll wait and if this actually works i'll end up buying a Pro instead of a Slim to replace my old PS4.

I think you can safely say it works LOL. This is at the users discretion though, so it's not going to work perfectly with everything.

The PS5 Exists.