By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 update 4.50 adds PS4 Pro boost mode, improves gameplay without patch

Hmmm, is it a boost mode... or a BEAST mode? Nice they brought external HDD use to the table. I know people were complaining about it for years. LOL.

Around the Network

The only game that has to have Boost no matter what.

Hapuc12 said:

I doubt we will see any improvement for BB, because it's issue isn't framerate, it's framepacing

the game already renders in 30fps fine, but for some mysterious reason the order in which the frames are send is messed up - instead of sending each 2 times it sends out some 3 times and some 1 time

Lafiel said:
Hapuc12 said:

I doubt we will see any improvement for BB, because it's issue isn't framerate, it's framepacing

the game already renders in 30fps fine, but for some mysterious reason the order in which the frames are send is messed up - instead of sending each 2 times it sends out some 3 times and some 1 time

Ahhh ok,but for real it's funny how they never adressed this issue.

I guess I could give Project Cars another try. Ah, who am I kidding, I'm a psvr junkie now. VR games are already locked at 60fps. Anyway now my backlog stands a higher chance of getting revisited during psvr droughts, Bloodborne still waiting to be installed.

There's another thing in the update I'll be trying out. 3D blu-ray support for PSVR. I still have 2 3D blu-rays I never watched in 3D. Might as well give them a try in the headset.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
Hapuc12 said:

Hmm could go both ways. Frame pacing issues come from variable render times per frame. If 1 frame takes slightly more than 33ms, it could fix it by displaying the previous frame for an additional 16ms and this new frame for 16ms while hauling ass to get the next frame done under 33ms. With no more frames exceeding budget the problem could be gone.

Or it's not limiting to 30fps correctly and it's displaying some frames that render faster than expected too early, then holding off to 'fix' the pacing. In that case boost mode might make it worse.

Ruler said:

So we're now calling the non-Pro "Amateur?"  That's sure is some way to support your early PS4 breathen.

The Witcher 3 swamps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKsWqHsRNkM

Rainbow 6. 110fps lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaoGjDcw1oI

Shadow Fall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Gzi5HVRyQ

The PS5 Exists. 

I'm just happy about the external HDD support. I have a bunch of movies lmao

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Excellent. External HDD & custom wallpaper were a long time coming, but welcome regardless.