By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo hints at true 3DS successor

Great 2018 Holiday season for me!

Switch!!!

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
If the Switch fails, it might happen.

*the Switch will fail if it happens

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

What? Why?

Why don't they just admit Switch is the successor. Why would I want two portable nintendo consoles.....

Aerys said:
I told you , no One believed me

So here go all hopes for a success in Japan and on thé World, theyll keep their handheld games for their next handheld only console whîle theyll treat Switch liké à home console games wise

Dude chill, they haven't even designed one yet by the sounds of it let alone gone into production. switch will be fine.

Around the Network

Can only hope they don't jump the gun and give Switch time to get Pokemon and Monster Hunter(whenvever Capcom's done milking the 3DS engine). It's a good plan B if things go pear shaped but Nintendo attempting dual systems again is dumb, dumb, dumb.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Valdath said:
What? Why?

They always said that really clearly, nothing surprising.

And it's obvious they won't throw away their 60M handheld userbase because of a gamble with a $300 console. You don't just kill your most profitable market by focusing on a hybrid product with your least profitable one. That could be suicidal for the entire company. Third party developers are doing the same thing and keep developing 3DS games. So they are already thinking and working on a real "3DS2", with the same kind of price and the same market as a target.

If the Switch gamble isn't a reassuring success in the first few months or the first year, this "3DS2" will become real pretty quickly. 

Ninten78 said:

Switch is Wii U successor only.

There is nothing excluding the possibilty of a switch revision that make the device like a simple handheld

No dock, no detachable acessories and no HD rumble. If the person wants to play 1, 2 switch and just dance, they'll have to get the joy cons separately.

We reap what we sow

Its a good thing. Betting the farm on Swiitch is a terrible idea. But if anything they should be saying that Switch is their 3DS successor and say they are making a real home console instead. This way everyone gets on board with the Switch and the home console will be the real powerhouse of the family. Just make sure that the home console can play Switch games and you're all set.

If they divide the library I don't see the Switch doing well. So much of its success hinges on titles such as a main line Pokemon in HD. Take that unified library away and I see a Wii U Part 2.