By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. February bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

Aren't all Xbox One S models $50 off? I knew they wouldn't hold out long after Sony dropped the price.

RJ_Sizzle said:

Aren't all Xbox One S models $50 off? I knew they wouldn't hold out long after Sony dropped the price.

Yeah, they have been since yesterday. 

6 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#13 PS4 UC4 (up 2)
#18 NES (up 2)
#48 PS4 Infinite Warfare (same)
#49 NES Eu Version (same)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)**
#03 PS4 Horizon Zero Dawn (up 1)
#04 NiS Breath Of The Wild (up 1)
#09 WiiU Breath Of The Wild
(same)
#89 PS4 Horizon Zero Dawn CE (down 33)

PS4:
2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1:
0 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:
  0 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Does not affect this month:
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

The PS5 Exists. 

I'm sure the Battlefield bundle would be in the 50s or so, but it's sold out. 

Around the Network

When deciding who will win the holidays, please remember the 3rd party bundles PS4 will have.

RDR2
Destiny 2
SWBF2
COD

I think the SW bundle from 2015 sold over 600K alone in November.

Not saying Switch or Scorpio don't have a chance. Sony is in the best position to win the holidays IMO. If not, those bundles guarantee the gap won't be big if either Switch or Scorpio wins.

IMO.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Pionner said:

When deciding who will win the holidays, please remember the 3rd party bundles PS4 will have.

RDR2
Destiny 2
SWBF2
COD

Not saying Switch or Scorpio don't have a chance. Sony is in the best position to win the holidays IMO. If not, those bundles guarantee the gap won't be big if either Switch or Scorpio wins.

IMO.

What if switch does have pokemon? Even if its a rhird version/same gen game, itll move hardware like crazy. We havent had a new pokemon game come out for HW in its first year.

That combined with SMO will be a tought fight imo

Pionner said:

RDR2
Destiny 2
SWBF2
COD

IMO.

This. We don't even know the full details of Scorpio and the games its getting and all Nintendo has right now is Mario, and Xenoblade and we have yet to see how the Switch does yet so right now id say Sony will win the holidays. 

IF, and that's a huge if, Nintendo has an exclusive Pokémon game for the Switch this holiday the thing will fly off the shelves like crazy.

Pionner said:

RDR2
Destiny 2
SWBF2
COD

IMO.

Agreed.  I don't see Scorpio lighting the charts on fire, since the Pro didn't.  And if Scorpio is $449 and Sony drops the Pro to $299-$349, espeically while promoting Boost Mode and what the Pro can do for the games you listed, I see it doing worse than the Pro.  As for Switch, I see it doing well for the first couple months, but at $299, I expect sales to drop quite a bit.  If Nintendo pulls a 3DS price cut, they have a great shot at taking the holidays.  However, if they pull a Wii U and don't drop it til it's too late, then it will do only average during the holidays.

And one last thing to consider about the PS4, it will be $199, at least on BF and a few weeks in Dec.  At that price, it's going to do great.  A $199-$249 RDR2/COD/SWBF2 bundle is going to help it at least be on par with last season.  There may also be a few surprise announcements at E3, as well.