By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. February bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

tak13 said:
Jranation said:
The Switch is one SICK HANDHELD!

Split personality?

Im being sarcastic :p Its still a home console in my eyes! Its too big and too expensive for a handheld. And that battery life....... 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
tak13 said:

Split personality?

Im being sarcastic :p Its still a home console in my eyes! Its too big and too expensive for a handheld. And that battery life....... 

I think the  kind of my answer demonstrated that I understood that! hahah

Although, you didn't perceive it!  hehehe ;)

tak13 said:
Jranation said:

I think the nature of my answer demonstrated that I understood that! hahah

Although, you didn't perceive it!  hehehe ;)

Well.......... XD 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Btw didn't Nintendo said they might release a true 3DS successor? So they are going to have 2 handhelds? Or I miss read that?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Intrinsic said:

So its all about the battery life for you right?

3DS: 3.5-5.5hrs 

Switchh: 2.5-6hrs (according to nintendo)

What "full utilization" do you get with the dock mode? You realize you don't even need the dock to harge the unit right? You literally could use the console for an entire year without ever plugging it into the dock once. And your experice would be no different from someone using it with the dock. Outside of a slightly higher resolution when outputting to TV.

Not all about battery life just pointing out that its quite clear that portability for 2.5 hours isn't enough to justify portability as anything more than a temporary convenience factor.

Slightly higher resolution? 33% higher resolution, twice the framerate, MUCH bigger screen (unless you have a TV from the 70's) just more utilization overall.

Around the Network

I guess we can lay the blame on Nintendo for calling their new handheld a home console.

It is hilarious that we have this battle going on. Seriously, if Switch is a console, then so was PSP Go. You could buy a dock and compnent cables, and use the Dual Shock 3 to play games, watch movies, listen to music, look at pictures, and browse the web from your TV.

The only thing Nintendo is doing different is shipping every one of these handhelds with a docking station. It is basically Kinect and Xbox One all over again. You could get Switch for $200 or $250, but instead Nintendo is forcing you to buy an HDMI, and a Dock.

No matter how convoluted it is, I know that I am just talking to the wall, becuase fans will be fans.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
I guess we can lay the blame on Nintendo for calling their new handheld a home console.

It is hilarious that we have this battle going on. Seriously, if Switch is a console, then so was PSP Go. You could buy a dock and compnent cables, and use the Dual Shock 3 to play games, watch movies, listen to music, look at pictures, and browse the web from your TV.

The only thing Nintendo is doing different is shipping every one of these handhelds with a docking station. It is basically Kinect and Xbox One all over again. You could get Switch for $200 or $250, but instead Nintendo is forcing you to buy an HDMI, and a Dock.

No matter how convoluted it is, I know that I am just talking to the wall, becuase fans will be fans.

You just compared Switch to PSP Go and proceeded to say you were the one talking to the wall. This isn't going to get you very far...

A_C_E said:
KBG29 said:

You just compared Switch to PSP Go and proceeded to say you were the one talking to the wall. This isn't going to get you very far...

The point is this is not new, and it is has been done to bring portable devices to the TV before, example being PSP Go. PSP was also sold as bringing PS2 quality games on the go.

I would believe it was a home console if it came with something like the WiiU Gamepad, and had a 4G connection, that could play games from the stationary unit anywhere. 

In all reality, Switch is a Tablet, that can connect to controllers, and dock to the TV. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
A_C_E said:

The point is this is not new, and it is has been done to bring portable devices to the TV before, example being PSP Go. PSP was also sold as bringing PS2 quality games on the go.

I would believe it was a home console if it came with something like the WiiU Gamepad, and had a 4G connection, that could play games from the stationary unit anywhere. 

In all reality, Switch is a Tablet, that can connect to controllers, and dock to the TV. 

First up the switch is a console  as its a handheld, its a hybrid, cry all you like, but thats a fact.

Second: this  is extremely  childish, instead of crying about what a piece of  hardware  is and can or can't  do, go talk about  the  important  part,the games.

It does not matter  if its ps2 or scorpio or a 10k pc there will always be limits of what it can do.

Theoretical speaking, every game can be made on every  system  in the world it will just " look" a bit better  or a bit  worse,.

Uncharted 4 can be made  on ps2, for honor  can be made  on the  switch.

But it's  all about  time and money. 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
KBG29 said:

First up the switch is a console  as its a handheld, its a hybrid, cry all you like, but thats a fact.

Second: this  is extremely  childish, instead of crying about what a piece of  hardware  is and can or can't  do, go talk about  the  important  part,the games.

It does not matter  if its ps2 or scorpio or a 10k pc there will always be limits of what it can do.

Theoretical speaking, every game can be made on every  system  in the world it will just " look" a bit better  or a bit  worse,.

Uncharted 4 can be made  on ps2, for honor  can be made  on the  switch.

But it's  all about  time and money. 

I don't really think it is childish. It is a debate on what something is. It is good excersize for the brain. There will be time to talk about the games, but it will probably be with new info or once it is actually here. 

Remember this is a sales website, mostly built around hardware sales. So, the conversation is going to skew towards hardware a lot more then many other sites.

At any rate, Switch is a portable device that can dock. It is no more hybrid than any other console or handheld before. It all just depends on what the user wants. There is nothing stopping PS4 from being portable, and their is nothing that stops DS from being a console. Since people like to organize and label things we have the PS4 as a console, and DS as a portable. All that is happening here is Nintendo has taken something that is by every measure portable, and called it a home console, which is basically throwing a wrench in the gears of the labeling system. 

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL