By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So, Trump's ban on certain nationalities is in effect.

Your opinion on the ban

Good! 145 35.02%

Get rid of this as fast as possible. 200 48.31%

Needs more exceptions 25 6.04%

List needs to be redone 44 10.63%

Total:414
Lucas-Rio said:
Peh said:

1. Uhm.. as far as I know, people are complaining about Trumps promises since they got known to public way before he was being elected. They never stopped. They still complain and will do so.

2. What? Ever heard of Freedom of speech?

Freedom of speech is fine, until it is becoming plain obstruction and calls to disorder and riots.

An elected president should get to apply his program without such a campaign of hysteria. This is what he promised and what he has been elected for.

So, hypothetically, if you vote against someone who wants to go to war, you won't oppose him, because he won?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:
Alkibiádēs said:

So, you're totally cool with what Hitler did as well? By the way, the majority of people who voted, voted against him, so obviously they're protesting. Just because you lost the election doesn't mean you can't set up an opposition. That's what democracy is really about. 

Please don't score more Godwin points, it's not useful.

People shouldn't protest when a leader is just elected and is doing what he saidl he will do. People voted for it and liberals should shut up and accept the result of the elections and wait for the next elections in 2 years.

Hitler was elected democratically and he promised to take care of the Jews, so that means you agree with the Holocaust, or at the very least the maltreatment of Jews. He was elected after all, and he did what he promised. Can't you see how flawed that logic is?

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Lucas-Rio said:
Peh said:

Lol. What the hell is this?

Half of the voters are against trump. Now they should shut up and should comply with what they are against? In what kind of country do you live in?

They should respect democracy. Trump has won the elections, is the legitimate president of this country and will be president during 4 years. He will work with the parliament to make the laws he promised.

That's what happen in a democracy. People hysterically running in the street at each decision from a newly elected president is a denial of democracy. The liberals are the one acting as anti democratic force there. When Obama came into power, his opponents did not set up such an agressive and idiotic opposition.

But Trump didn't respected democracy himself in the first place. He only does that, because he won. Otherwise he wouldn't support it. He said so himself on live television. Now you got a problem with people who don't like what he is doing, because he would done the same?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Freedom of speech is fine, until it is becoming plain obstruction and calls to disorder and riots.

An elected president should get to apply his program without such a campaign of hysteria. This is what he promised and what he has been elected for.

So, hypothetically, if you vote against someone who wants to go to war, you won't oppose him, because he won?

If he is elected clearly stating that he will do the war then yes. That's the democracy. People vote and select a leader to do what he announced he would do. The check and balance being the parliament.

Not angry liberals setting fires in the street.

Alkibiádēs said:
Lucas-Rio said:

People shouldn't protest when a leader is just elected and is doing what he saidl he will do. People voted for it and liberals should shut up and accept the result of the elections and wait for the next elections in 2 years.

Hitler was elected democratically and he promised to take care of the Jews, so that means you agree with the Holocaust, or at the very least the maltreatment of Jews. He was elected after all, and he did what he promised. Can't you see how flawed that logic is?

Hitler's mention in a topic = Godwin point

Please be reasonnable.

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Hitler had members of the nazi party supress and detain other parties as well as the opposition.

Trump did not send people with guns at the DNC or at CNN in order to shut them down. 

Stop comparing someone who is acting within the prexisting law to Hitler. 

ratuscafoarterea said:
Scoobes said:

You know he didn't say that. 

You know, you should follow the comments feed and use some logic. OK ?

Oh the irony, check his previous comments, you still haven't sufficiently answered my previous question either. 

palou said:
Eagle367 said:

I'll go to Europe for my masters degree and PhD but for bachelor's UK is more expensive much more with no aid while in Europe I need to learn languages and its really difficult for me to learn them. Australia and Japan also do not offer aid

Germany has programs in english...

Also, lots of jobs for the educated!

I'm trying man. Looking everywhere its a really difficult process finding the right university. If you have any info please do help me out. I wanna study in physics. Right now I'm aiming for bachelor's

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

For all the arguments I hear here it's quite fascinating that everyone is asking whether or not their respective country need to take in refugees, not whether or not the refugees need some place to flee to. In every single nation we hear the same types of people claim that their nation cannot take in any more refugees, that society will fall apart and all kinds of depressing predictions. So where should they go?

Puppyroach said:
For all the arguments I hear here it's quite fascinating that everyone is asking whether or not their respective country need to take in refugees, not whether or not the refugees need some place to flee to. In every single nation we hear the same types of people claim that their nation cannot take in any more refugees, that society will fall apart and all kinds of depressing predictions. So where should they go?

Maybe they should stay where they are ? I know it's not popular but taking them is a huge burden and risk.

Only the one who are threatened specifically because they are known should be accepted and only if they have zero links with any violent faction.