By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation may win many battles, But Windows will win the war.

Well yeah Windows is an operating system and not a console.

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
Azzanation said:
PS4 is winning the battle? I don't think PS4 has outsold Windows 10. So it is losing the Battle and the War.

Steam is synonymous with gaming on PC, MS doesn't see a dime for any game sold through that. You know it's bad when someone starts comparing a closed piece of hardware to an open piece of software that was handed out for free the first 6 months of its life.

Do go on how ps4 is at war with Windows 10 though. It's incredible we can even have this discussion to be honest, never thought I'd see the day

Well we did get people trying to argue that Windows 10 should be counted as part of the Xbox installbase after it became apparent PlayStation was going to dominate this generation.

Barkley said:
aLkaLiNE said:

Steam is synonymous with gaming on PC, MS doesn't see a dime for any game sold through that. You know it's bad when someone starts comparing a closed piece of hardware to an open piece of software that was handed out for free the first 6 months of its life.

Do go on how ps4 is at war with Windows 10 though. It's incredible we can even have this discussion to be honest, never thought I'd see the day

Well we did get people trying to argue that Windows 10 should be counted as part of the Xbox installbase after it became apparent PlayStation was going to dominate this generation.

Really? I must have missed that one lol!

tiffac said:
Barkley said:

Really? I must have missed that one lol!

Here's one of them at least. 

aLkaLiNE said:
Azzanation said:
PS4 is winning the battle? I don't think PS4 has outsold Windows 10. So it is losing the Battle and the War.

"If you want to win a war that is already lost you have to become creativ about the outcome" Ferdinand Lichtenstein (1789)

Around the Network

I'm sorry but no.

Windows is by far on the way out.. i don't even understand the logic behind the original post about this.

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

You're comparing oranges and apples. Windows is not piece of hardware, its an operating system aka software. They don't directy compete.

My opinion at any rate is no, for now at least. A PC and a console are aimed at different audiences. Consoles are aimed specifically at those that don't want the complication of a PC. It's its easyness to pick up and play that differentiates them. In this regard, windows is not a necessity.
So, as i said, apples and oranges.

Sprash said:
aLkaLiNE said:

"If you want to win a war that is already lost you have to become creativ about the outcome" Ferdinand Lichtenstein (1789)

Very fitting, ya.

Hunting Season is done...

You can buy windows 10 pro keys for $10, you can't buy xbox one, ps4 or nintendo switch consoles for $10, nonsensical comparison imo.

aLkaLiNE said:
Azzanation said:

Haha nice logic with saying Windows was given out for free for 6 months while Steam has been free for a decade. Do you know you needed to have paid for Windows 7/8 to recieve the free upgrade? Interesting.

As for MS doesn't see a dime on Steam.. you do know MS have plenty of there own games on Steam so theres your point proven wrong. As for Steams success which doesnt benefit MS. Go ask someone building a brand new gaming rig and ask which OS his getting for it. I can garentee you majority buy the latest Windows because its simple. Steam and Windows is the perfect combo for PC gaming.

PS4 or any consoles for that matter dont compete with PC or Mobile gaming. That industry is far and beyond bigger.