By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 77 - Low-Power?? Hate the Mod!!

hatmoza said:
Stefl1504 said:
I feel that I will prolly distribute my 3 votes today or put them all @ no lynch if I deem that necessary to prevent a stupid lynch.

Explain what you mean. Distribute your votes how? What evidence do you have to actually put a serious vote on anyone today?

What kind of stupid lynch could you prevent today?

This post doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe I'm a bit slow and you could elaborate on what you mean.

That is pretty much the explanation why I think that casting indefferent/ez votes is not great. In a game were your votes cannot be un-cast it is better to obtain an image of the situation first. Rashly putting out the 3 no lynch votes gave me a good image of you, but it is so much a no tell to me it hurts me.

A distributed vote for me would be one vote on 3 different people. While a shared one would be 1-2. Then there is a preventative votes which is basically put the remaining votes on no lynch.

If I have to vote on too little ground, I would at least put one of my votes on no lynch to counterbalance it, eventually, this wouldn't get me far, but would also prevent scum from vote-rush a person, which right now is one of the most dangerous things there can be this game.

1 scum theoretically can already win against 3 people just by putting out his votes in a really nice timing.

Yes, one can have serious votes on day one.

Right now I am thinking of putting out a trucks-sword-ff distributed vote. Trucks, show us you're town, I know you can do it ;P

I could prevent any lynch that I personally deem stupid, where lack of evidence occurs, it was just some random lynch-train occuring by people carelessly stacking votes, shit like that.

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Why will it be interesting? Do you have good powers? 

I specifically said do not push for town powers. I'm strongly irritated by this post.

It's up to them how to respond. I'm looking more on how they respond rather than push to find out town powers. 

The way I see it is that if we don't push people to get info and vote for a no lynch to get day 1 out the way, we're effectively giving mafia a free kill in return for nothing.

I'm a little suspicious of you hat, you're being a little OTT trying to come off like your town. 

Are you Mafia again? 

hatmoza said:
Final-Fan said:
I really like the tie-break method here as compared to other games.

As for inactivity, I blame the lack of notification in the sign up thread. Sure we got PMs, but I overlooked it and the Buddy is more prominent.

Not a fan of hatmoza's choice, but it's his choice to make.

Vote hatmoza

@bolded I could care less for the vote but tell me what your suggested alternative is if not start the day with my choice of a no lynch.

Well, just as an example, right now you are "strongly irritated" by Swordfish.  If this means you suspect he might be scum, you are now unable to try to lynch him.  Unless you are 100% committed to a Day 1 No Lynch despite ANYTHING that ANYONE might say—unless you are convinced no one could possibly appear as scum to you worthy of lynching—your votes were foolish.  (Or, of course, you're scum.) 

In addition to the above, votes or the threat of votes are the traditional way to get people to pay attention who otherwise might blow you off.  Whether that's to root out lurkers or for whatever other reason, having a tangible tool to pressure others into discussion is a pretty valuable tool for someone who's actually town. 

Thirdly, I don't know if this was what Stefl was imagining, but suppose that there were two Day 1 lynch trains that developed, and you strongly preferred that whoever was in the lead not be lynched.  You are now unable to sway the lynch to the second train as a suboptimal way to save the person you wanted.  But this is a relatively weak reason because usually No Lynch is a very viable alternative train Day 1, and it appears to be the case this game as well. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Yo, speaking of rooting out lurkers:

Darwin, you have posted several times here but nothing of value aside from a rules question. Get in here.

padib, you have posted nothing besides a tag. Get in here.

Noctis, you have posted nothing besides a tag. Get in here.

I am more than willing to vote lurkers. I will pick one and give it my remaining two, and beg people to follow me. Lurkers are the bane of the game on this forum.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Well, now that I have played a mafia game here, I'm going to try to be more active in me accusing people. However, I think the "No lynch" the first day still stands. Too little info, unless someone does something unspeakable evil and gets caught red handed.

I have three votes now, yes? If so, I will spend one of mine on a Vote: No lynch, and that way, I still have two votes left to lynch someone if they do something EVILLLL.

Vote: No lynch.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Yo, speaking of rooting out lurkers:

Darwin, you have posted several times here but nothing of value aside from a rules question. Get in here.

padib, you have posted nothing besides a tag. Get in here.

Noctis, you have posted nothing besides a tag. Get in here.

I am more than willing to vote lurkers. I will pick one and give it my remaining two, and beg people to follow me. Lurkers are the bane of the game on this forum.

Thank you getting my attention. I am busy all day. Just to let you know I will be busy this 2 days.

Work and Practice for Basketball will take my time and littleb bit of play trhu on Bloodborne.  

So far. I hate people who is voting no lynch. That's all. I am not saying it's a bad idea but voting just to end the day is what I am seeing here.

spurgeonryan said:
Wouldn't that be fun if everyone voted no lynch and we seriously did no talking today?

Although I kind of agree, nothing to see today.

What are we all thinking? 2 maybe 3 scum, a doc and a cop and that is it, or a few more? Or few less. I cannot ever remember playing a vanilla game before.

Care to answer the question of FF?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8276062

"Only 2 scum in a 12 player game? Why would you expect that to be a serious possibility? FoS spurge."

Votals:

No Lynch: 5 - hatmoza, hatmoza, hatmoza, BladeSymphony, Darwinianevolution
hatmoza: 1 - Final-Fan

Votestory:

hatmoza - No Lynch*3
Final-Fan - hatmoza
BladeSymphony - No Lynch
Darwinianevolution - No Lynch

As Day One is older than 24 hours, 10 votes will be required to hammer a lynch.

Day One will end 7PM Eastern on Wednesday.

Scum reads hat and FF. I feel hat is pushing to end day one quickly so mafia gets a kill before town gets a chance to take down a scum. FF seemed way to eager to put vote somebody so unless he has a personal vendetta it seems like a scum thing to do.
I'm not going to vote yet until everybody has spoken. You can't hide away by being silent so we should make an effort to get the quiet ones to speak up.

spurgeonryan said:
@ noctis

I said two maybe three.Don't twist my words.

While I can see where you are coming from, I deem it also weird that you point out 2 at all. And even if it is 2, still more likely to have more scum overall.