By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So Trump has already started messing up big time relationships with Mexico

Tagged games:

Snoopy said:
Arminillo said:
he just proposed a 20% tax tariff on mexican goods.

That might actually force Mexico to pay for it. They have to trade with US or else they will be done for.

Lol. That's not going to happen.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Peh said:

Hm.. ? In the radio they've said 20 billion.

Chump change compared to how much illegal migrants cost the state and taxpayers.

This.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

numberwang said:
Wall will be built.

NAFTA will be gone.

Drugs will decline.

Tears will be shed.

The World will move on.

These are literally all net positives for the citizens of both countries.

The Mexican President is a cartel puppet. Trump isn't going to let our country be fucked over any more. Get used to having a real leader.

jcmmnx said:
The Mexican President is a cartel puppet. Trump isn't going to let our country be fucked over any more. Get used to having a real leader.

A real leader you can take serious would pay for a wall he wants to exlude people he doesn't want from his country. A real leader would communicate with others on an even basis and wouldn't use their fear of his power to dictate them what to do. Because, well, that's a dictator. Such a person will get what he wants but to support such a person is pretty ugly. 

I wonder why USA just doesn't pay for that freaking wall when I hear all the time how that wall would help to reduce so many costs. I mean, if that would be the case, just build it and reduce all the costs you have because of the lack of a wall. 

Around the Network

Oh it's getting crazier:

Olivier KnoxVerified account
‏@OKnox
Via pool: White House's @PressSec says Trump is asking Congress to approve 20% tax on all imports from Mexico to pay for "the wall."

Matt ViserVerified account
‏@mviser
Sean Spicer tells reporters on Air Force One: The border wall will be paid for by imposing a 20 percent tax on all imports from Mexico.

curtisghall said:
mexico was fucking us anyways, same thing with china

jcmmnx said:

5+ million jobs in the US are dependent on Mexico though.

" trade with Mexico creates approximately 4.9 million jobs in the United States. In other words, one out of 29 American jobs depends on preserving an economic relationship with the U.S.’s southern neighbor. Researchers came up with this 4.9 million figure by calculating three economic shifts that would likely occur if trade with Mexico ended: the number of American jobs that are involved in producing exports to Mexico, which would be lost; the number of jobs that would return to the United States to produce the previously imported goods; and the number of jobs that would disappear if the money American consumers and companies saved from buying lower-cost imports were gone."

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/12/mexico-nafta-trade/510008/

US can hurt itself by hurting Mexico as well.

UltimateUnknown said:

Oh it's getting crazier:

‏@OKnox
Via pool: White House's @PressSec says Trump is asking Congress to approve 20% tax on all imports from Mexico to pay for "the wall."

‏@mviser
Sean Spicer tells reporters on Air Force One: The border wall will be paid for by imposing a 20 percent tax on all imports from Mexico.

So much for people saying it would be impossible to make Mexico pay for the wall.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

JRPGfan said:
curtisghall said:
mexico was fucking us anyways, same thing with china

jcmmnx said:

5+ million jobs in the US are dependent on Mexico though.

" trade with Mexico creates approximately 4.9 million jobs in the United States. In other words, one out of 29 American jobs depends on preserving an economic relationship with the U.S.’s southern neighbor. Researchers came up with this 4.9 million figure by calculating three economic shifts that would likely occur if trade with Mexico ended: the number of American jobs that are involved in producing exports to Mexico, which would be lost; the number of jobs that would return to the United States to produce the previously imported goods; and the number of jobs that would disappear if the money American consumers and companies saved from buying lower-cost imports were gone."

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/12/mexico-nafta-trade/510008/

US can hurt itself by hurting Mexico as well.

Protectionism usually ends up damaging both sides of the bargain.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
UltimateUnknown said:

Oh it's getting crazier:

‏@OKnox

‏@mviser

So much for people saying it would be impossible to make Mexico pay for the wall.

I have a feeling Trump is going to wreck the american economy in the short term.

Maybe the choices he makes if drastic enough will prove okay for the US like 10-15 years down the road.

But by the time he leaves, the US economy will be worse than it is today.

The avg american will probably be poorer than it is today.