By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New official Nintendo Switch ad shows guy playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe while taking a dump....

Tagged games:

JEMC said:
Mar1217 said:
People will take a dump. But they probably won't get up cause they're too invested in the game.

At least, not until they finish the race.

Well done, Nintendo, that's a great ad.

That will drive parents insane.

Likely to take away their kids switch, or dis allow him/her to use it in such a fashion.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Seriously, everytime they do something stupid, they do something like this which shows me they get it. This is a really good add that makes the Switch look really desirable. What they really need though is to make ads like this for multiplatform games.

Yep. And bundles. A FIFA, NBA2K, Skyrim bundles are, imo, necessary. But they're really good later in marketing. I don't know what changed exactly, but it was for the best in every concievable way.

JRPGfan said:
JEMC said:

At least, not until they finish the race.

Well done, Nintendo, that's a great ad.

Likely to take away their kids switch, or dis allow him/her to use it in such a fashion.

Depends on the age of the kids.

If they're male teenagers, playing with the Switch while in the bathroom isn't the worst thing they could be doing .

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Loooool

Who doesn't read a book or surf the web while on the can? Sometimes I read, sometimes I game.

Btw, don't those kids realize they're in class!?

JEMC said:
JRPGfan said:

If they're male teenagers, playing with the Switch while in the bathroom isn't the worst thing they could be doing .

I like that Nintendo is not targeting that demographic. It's targeting 20/30 years old people, who were probably former Ninty gamers. At least that's what I get about their latest adverts.

Around the Network

Love how nonchalant they are about it too.

Slightly off topic: am I the only person who's paranoid about the JoyCon's sliding off and the screen dropping to the floor?

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Volterra_90 said:
JEMC said:

I like that Nintendo is not targeting that demographic. It's targeting 20/30 years old people, who were probably former Ninty gamers. At least that's what I get about their latest adverts.

Yes! Im glad they are doing that too! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Volterra_90 said:
JEMC said:

Nintendo is certainly trying to avoid using kids with their Switch ads.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

IkePoR said:
Slightly off topic: am I the only person who's paranoid about the JoyCon's sliding off and the screen dropping to the floor?

They can't : the joycons are removed by clicking hard buttons on the back that are under the triggers...

spemanig said:
Seriously, everytime they do something stupid, they do something like this which shows me they get it. This is a really good add that makes the Switch look really desirable. What they really need though is to make ads like this for multiplatform games.

i think its extremely wise that they are aiming it at young adults instead of children/families

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.