By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NEVER Leave Your New Games Unopened for a Long Period of Time.

When I bought Gran Turismo 6, I think it included 30 days of PS+. I redeemed the code in time, only to notice it wasn't valid for some reason. I suspect someone had already used the code somehow, but no one could have looked because the game was still shrink wrapped and I got the game from a reputable store. My guess is that someone actually managed to guess the code, or that someone at the factory manufacturing the game stole the code...

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
LivingMetal said:

I never said I JUST opened it.  This was way before this gen started. 

oh.  well the OP implies (to me) an event just happened to prompt this thread.   so how long did you wait?   

..anything greater than 6 months and my point still stands.  games devalue so fast there is no point in buying one that costs more than $5-$10 if you aren't going to play it right away.  

It was maybe 3 or 4 months after the expiration date when I had realized what had happened.  I preordered LBP2 from Amazon for the bookends, the sackboy plush, and the R&C costumes.  So when I was finally ready to play, WHOOPS... my loss (minor but still.)

What prompted this thread was my research on Steins Gate 0 for PS4.  I just purchased Steins Gate for the PS3 NA version but during my research on 0, I learned that the first print of 0 came with a voucher for an updated version original game.  So I first felt compelled to purchase 0 asap, but I then later learned that the voucher was for Japan only.  All this got me thinking about my past voucher experience which prompted the thread.

LivingMetal said:
kitler53 said:

oh.  well the OP implies (to me) an event just happened to prompt this thread.   so how long did you wait?   

..anything greater than 6 months and my point still stands.  games devalue so fast there is no point in buying one that costs more than $5-$10 if you aren't going to play it right away.  

It was maybe 3 or 4 months after the expiration date when I had realized what had happened.  I preordered LBP2 from Amazon for the bookends, the sackboy plush, and the R&C costumes.  So when I was finally ready to play, WHOOPS... my loss (minor but still.)

What prompted this thread was my research on Steins Gate 0 for PS4.  I just purchased Steins Gate for the PS3 NA version but during my research on 0, I learned that the first print of 0 came with a voucher for an updated version original game.  So I first felt compelled to purchase 0 asap, but I then later learned that the voucher was for Japan only.  All this got me thinking about my past voucher experience which prompted the thread.

i got that edition too.  the plushy was nice but the bookends were trash. 

that's not really on topic but it had to be said.

Don't have this problem since a lot of Nintendo games don't have special codes to redeem now that Club Nintendo is gone

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Still haven't opened my day one copy of lightning returns because I never finished ffxiii 2. Hopefully there was no code in the packaging.

Around the Network

Tales of zesteria..

Had to buy the extra story dlc :s.

So you're telling me that DLC is cancer? Well, nothing new for me.

I have bought some Bluray movies and they had invalid coupon on then because of the time of release

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hiku said:
LivingMetal said:

NEVER Leave Your New Games Unopened for a Long Period of Time.

I come with #alternativefacts to that.

I regret opening my Mario Kart 8 to check if it came with a DLC voucher (campaign for a free WiiU game) because I ended up not buying a WiiU after all, and now I can't sell it as "brand new" even though it is outside of the fact that I unnecesarily opened it once. =( R.I.P.

Why would you buy a game for a system that you do not own?

Hiku said:
VAMatt said:

Why would you buy a game for a system that you do not own?

I was foolish enough to think there would be a Smash bundle, or drop in price for the WiiU.
But you had to redeem the code online some months before Smash came out. So I picked up MK8 in advance.
Basically, I was a fool.

There was a Smash bundle.