By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RE7 is so damn boring.

jardesonbarbosa said:

It's not like the old Resident Evil games, it's like the very first Resident Evil, but in first person. It's not scary, but the atmosphere is right, the story is stupid and the the ammo is scarce. I think it's pretty much what Resident Evil fans wanted. I think they made it with streamers in mind. It's way more fun to watch someone else playing it than actually playing it.

This I can agree with. It's actually pretty stressful to play. And yet, I love it. 

Around the Network

The game reminds me alot of Outlast however the way your character reacts to situations is alittle soft. I wont spoil anything here however what made Outlast scary because you can hear him getting scared which adds to the atmosphere. RE7 does it alittle bit but not to a point im convinced.

Azzanation said:
The game reminds me alot of Outlast however the way your character reacts to situations is alittle soft. I wont spoil anything here however what made Outlast scary because you can hear him getting scared which adds to the atmosphere. RE7 does it alittle bit but not tona point im convinced.

I agree with this. MC reaction is meh, almost too badass actually. But then again, it's your reaction that matters more

m_csquare said:
Azzanation said:
The game reminds me alot of Outlast however the way your character reacts to situations is alittle soft. I wont spoil anything here however what made Outlast scary because you can hear him getting scared which adds to the atmosphere. RE7 does it alittle bit but not tona point im convinced.

I agree with this. MC reaction is meh, almost too badass actually. But then again, it's your reaction that matters more

Yeah i agree. Thats the reason i give the game a pass, due to my own reactions which the game does have many shock scares. My issue with it is i think the main character is just too badass and his own reactions to whats happening around him doesn't sound convincing. Almost as if this happens to him all the time.

how short is the game

Around the Network
TorterraBoy said:

how short is the game

I haven't beaten it yet. The originals took about eight hours to beat but after you learned the puzzles and where things were, you could beat them in no time. An hour and a half, I think. Maybe three hours. I'm going off of memory.

I'm about three hours in and out feels like I have a long way to go.

I'm 7 and a half hours in now, perhaps halfway or a little over if the keys on the map are any indication. But there is a trophy for beating it in under 4 hours. I'm going slow. The game got me again tonight, frigging crazy stuff.

It's not Resident Evil. It's basically a result of someone over at Capcom playing Outlast and hearing cash registers go off in their brains. It's a new IP with the RE franchise slapped on to sell copies. If you want a metaphor, think Dinosaur Planet/Star Fox Adventures. Same damn thing.

As an original Resident Evil die hard, I will continue to wait until they make a real RE game. If that never happens, I'll just play those games until the end of my days.

pray4mojo said:

It's not Resident Evil. It's basically a result of someone over at Capcom playing Outlast and hearing cash registers go off in their brains. It's a new IP with the RE franchise slapped on to sell copies. If you want a metaphor, think Dinosaur Planet/Star Fox Adventures. Same damn thing.

As an original Resident Evil die hard, I will continue to wait until they make a real RE game. If that never happens, I'll just play those games until the end of my days.

So you haven't played it.

I kind of enjoyed it. Madhouse mode cut the deal for me. Moreover one needs to realize this is like survival horror in the first person viewer and it has its own merits. Looks like RE has steered in the right direction after hiccups with latest releases and RE6. Waiting for Outlast 2.