By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Franchise / series / Branch from the N64 would you like to see a sequel to?

Tagged games:

I would love a new 3D Donkey Kong...
DK64 was great for its time...
I'd also love to see a new Jet Force Gemini...
And while not entirely related, I'd love to see Doshin the Giant get a release in the US...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network

Banjo-kazooie 3

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Blast Corps
Perfect Dark
Turok Rage Wars
Diddy Kong Racing
Banjo-Kazooie
Donkey Kong 64
Super Mario 64

It was the most stupid business decision ever to sell Rareware btw.

Ogre battle 64

Mischief Makers

Around the Network

A sequel to the Turok games, and since we are in the N64 topic it'll be nice to see a remake from the ground up for 007 Goldeneye!!!

SegataSanshiro said:
Mischief Makers

Diddy Kong Racing

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Conker.

bet: lost

etking said:

Blast Corps
Perfect Dark
Turok Rage Wars
Diddy Kong Racing
Banjo-Kazooie
Donkey Kong 64
Super Mario 64

It was the most stupid business decision ever to sell Rareware btw.

I don't know about that. The writing was on the wall. The talent was leaving or had already left, and game development costs were rising. Why should Nintendo have entered a bidding war with Activision and Microsoft for a studio on its way out? Maybe to secure the intellectual property, but were Banjo, Conker, and Perfect Dark worth $375 million?

I think Nintendo acted wisely to forge a partnership with former Iguana staff in 1998 which led to the creation of Retro. That studio filled a lot of the gaps left by Rare.