By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Wii Fit Will Sell 3-4 Million in the US

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03312008/business/wii_fit_stretches_for_new_gaming_market_104330.htm

"Wii Fit will sell 3 million to 4 million in the US if they market aggressively," he told The Post.

Indeed, Nintendo is said to be thinking big.

Pachter said execs have told him that Wii Fit, due in stores May 19, will receive the largest marketing launch in company history - with a budget as high as $40 million.

Some analysts expect Nintendo to start upping the output of its still-scarce consoles, getting more of them into Target and Best Buy while reducing focus on specialized retailers like GameStop.

The company - which has yet to make public its marketing strategy - declined to comment.

Around the Network

So if Pachter expects high sales , that means the game will bomb terrible :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Damn it

WII FITS GONNA BOMB NOW!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Well, then GTAIV is going to bomb too since he predicted roughly the same amount of sales.

Back on topic, does anyone know how much was spent on the Halo 3 launch? $40 million seems like a lot and for Nintendo it's off the scale.

I could be wrong, but wasn't it pachter who said a couple of months ago that Wii Fit wouldn't sell 10 Million units worldwide?

If it has already sold 1.75 Million in Japan (likely hitting 3 to 4 Million by the end of 2008), it will sell 3 to 4 Million in North America in 2008, and one would assume that it would receive similar sales in Europe how could it not break 10 Million lifetime?

Around the Network

@HappySqurriel, i'm sure he is just hoping noone worked that out

@Happysquirel

he's one confused cookie

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

HappySqurriel said:

I could be wrong, but wasn't it pachter who said a couple of months ago that Wii Fit wouldn't sell 10 Million units worldwide?

If it has already sold 1.75 Million in Japan (likely hitting 3 to 4 Million by the end of 2008), it will sell 3 to 4 Million in North America in 2008, and one would assume that it would receive similar sales in Europe how could it not break 10 Million lifetime?

Thats because he gets misquoted. He predicts Wii Fit will not sell 10 Million in the US this year (yes go figure).

3-4 million sounds about right. Wish people would stop supporting non-games like this though :P

i think wii fit might sell about that also maybe 5 mill actually