By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is no longer a home console company...

Is Nintendo done with home consoles?

Yes. Their switch to mobi... 185 42.82%

No. The Switch is also a ... 247 57.18%

Total:432

Console or handheld, what matters is the fact that this is Nintendo's SOLE platform.

No more having development split between WiiU and 3DS. The biggest takeaway for Nintendo moving forward.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:

Console or handheld, what matters is the fact that this is Nintendo's SOLE platform.

No more having development split between WiiU and 3DS. The biggest takeaway for Nintendo moving forward.

No more PowerPC and 128MB of RAM... ;D

monocle_layton said:
KLAMarine said:

No more PowerPC and 128MB of RAM... ;D

Yes, Unreal Engine support is also a nice touch.

RolStoppable said:
barneystinson69 said:

My point being it won't be treated as a home console. Its a handheld with a dock. You can lable it as a "hybrid", but its a handheld with a dock. Thats like saying a phone is a PC because it can be hooked up to a monitor...

And the NES is from the 1980s, so of course its less powerful! I'm talking about releasing a modern console today.

barney, think about what you are saying. Right now you are basically claiming that Switch won't have the typical functionality of a home console, so no splitscreen multiplayer or other forms of local multiplayer. Does that sound right to you?

If we go by that reasoning then this should also be treated as a home console:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyBPBDh8Mw8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hy6SySAK9Q

I used to be on the Switch is more of a handheld band wagon until yesterday. I much prefer playing it on my 4k TV. I recommend people to go into the settings in Switch and go to "TV Settings" and make sure their "RGB Range" is set to "Full Range". The difference it makes is quite incredible and the colors stand out much more. There's far more color and the jaggy's become much less noticeable. I'm quite happy with it. It looks considerably better than it's handheld mode by a considerable margin and I'm not talking about resolution.

Also the Pro Controller might just be the best controller I've ever used. This should be the standard going forward. It feels like an upgrade to the 360 controller and everything the Xbox One controller should have been. While some might prefer to compare it to the XBO, I tend to disagree because I'm personally not a fan of the XBO controller. It's unfortunate but I experience high levels of discomfort while playing with the XBO controller and it's my least favorite video game controller. Though I think I might prefer the Switch's Pro controller over the PS4 Dualshock. This controller is the perfect combination of comfort and functionality. It's well built. Flat top buttons, everything clicks, and it's super responsive. The analogy sticks are super responsive and comfortable. I honestly can't find a single flaw nor complaint with this controller. Perhaps the biggest complaint would be that the screenshot/share button should be identified and not look so boring and the "+" and "-" buttons should be labeled start and select. This controller is so well designed and is easily worth that heavy price tag. It really does feel an extra $10 over the competitions offerings. That being said this controller also works with your PC games.

This controller was truly made for "ALLGAMEFANS"